Mxed Sm Armies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Mxed Sm Armies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of starting a space marine army soon, and I was thinking, can I make a "black templar" army with a different color scheme? For example, I want to have a black templar army so I can have the emperor's champion (doesn't count as an HQ choice for Black Templars), but I want my army to be mostly regal blue with ice blue highlights instead of black. Can I do that, or do I have to have my army the black templar color scheme (black with white trims). Thanks, It'll help me determine which SM army to collect soon!!

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='color:blue'>P.S-
    K-jah is couth&#33;&#33;</span></span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m no expert on GW Fluff and Chapter Histories, but i have an acquaintance that fields a BT Succsesor Chapter in Blue and Gold....no-one has expressed any issues thus far.
    NOBODY expects the Holy Inquisition&#33;
    Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
    Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency....
    Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...
    and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor....
    Our four... no...
    Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry...
    are such elements as fear, surprise...

I&#39;ll come in again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can paint any chapter any color or theme you want. Just make sure your opponent knows what army you are playing, and the miniatures accurately represent what they are. So a blue "BT" army is fine. It&#39;s probably not a good idea to paint them exactly like another chapter&#39;s traditional colors, such as a BT army painted and marked like a DA army. You can paint a BT army Dark Angel green, but I would do something so they don&#39;t look exactly like a DA army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if you painted a DA army red like BA, could you say you were playing as blood angels if you wanted to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m pretty sure that the Emperor&#39;s Champion is not just limited to the BT. I&#39;ll double check but I&#39;m pretty sure that you can use it in any SM army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by matty233@Apr 17 2004, 20:38
    But if you painted a DA army red like BA, could you say you were playing as blood angels if you wanted to?
    Only if you have legal squads. I know plenty of people who change the minis around to meet the rules of another chapter and play them as the other chapter. Gives you a change of pace once in a while. I use my Space Wolve termies to put together a Death Wing army every once in a while.

However, no matter what color they are, you must use ALL and ONLY the rules from one chapter to be a legal army. So your DA squads could be played as BA, but the tac squads can&#39;t use plasma cannons when you&#39;re playing BA.

I&#39;m pretty sure that the Emperor&#39;s Champion is not just limited to the BT. I&#39;ll double check but I&#39;m pretty sure that you can use it in any SM army.
    Yes he can be used in other marine armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The Emperors Champion.

Any Space Marine armies apart from GK. Although we&#39;ve been through this thread a few times before, the standard Roolz Boyz ruling is that you can&#39;t use an EC in GK.

Ah well.
    NOBODY expects the Holy Inquisition&#33;
    Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
    Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency....
    Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...
    and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor....
    Our four... no...
    Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry...
    are such elements as fear, surprise...

I&#39;ll come in again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just call them a successor chapter and give them a slightly altered chapter badge the ec rule will stay in effect {not counting as an hq choice} and you can paint them whatever color you like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that sounds like the smartest thing to do
    <span style='font-family:Optima'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Innocence </span><span style='color:blue'>Proves </span><span style='color:red'>Nothing</span></span></span>

<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>Cross Me and you shall know nothing but Pain and Suffering for all Eternity.</span></span></span>

Closed Thread