Newbie Questions about the Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie Questions about the Guard

I'm new the game and the the Guard. i must admit, they have rather confusing army structures. may I ask for help on the following: Thank you in advance.

Question: Regarding choosing Heavy Support (HS) slot: for each HS slot I choose, am I to include a Heavy Weapons Platoon and a tank or is a Heavy Weapons Platoon a Heavy support choice independent of the tanks (Choices for Heavy Support Slots: Heavy Weapons Platoon, Leman Russ Battle Tank, Leman Russ Demolisher, Basilisk; Is this correct?)?

Question: What are Conscript Platoons and Armoured Fist Squads exactly? Do they count towards the 2-5 squads in an Infantry platoon?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Question: Regarding choosing Heavy Support (HS) slot: for each HS slot I choose, am I to include a Heavy Weapons Platoon and a tank or is a Heavy Weapons Platoon a Heavy support choice independent of the tanks (Choices for Heavy Support Slots: Heavy Weapons Platoon, Leman Russ Battle Tank, Leman Russ Demolisher, Basilisk; Is this correct?)?
    Answer: Heavy weapons platoons are a seperate choice entirely and take up their own slot on the force org slot. These are not to be confused with the support squads your command platoon can take which don't take up force org slots.

Question: What are Conscript Platoons and Armoured Fist Squads exactly? Do they count towards the 2-5 squads in an Infantry platoon?
    Answer: Conscripts and armored fist squads are seperate troops choices and not actually linked to the infatry platoon; However, you must first take an infantry platoon before either unit becomes available.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unlike any other armies like marines, one squad is not worth a single troop choice. In the imperial guard, you need at least one infantry platoon which consists of at least 2 squads of 10 men and a command platoon of 5 men that is basicly the same as a command squad exept it must be led by a junior officer instead of a senior and you get support squads. So in all, a full troop choice is 55 guys! Beating orks and Nids troop size.

For each infantry platoon, you may take an armoured fist or a conscript platoon. An armoured fist is basicly a single squad of 10 men loaded in a chimera and the conscripts are like the local soldiers, they don't cost a lot but there can be a lot of them, especially a 4 pts per model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

wait can you take conscripts instead of regular infantry or do yo have to have one platoon of regs.
    We who have seen war will never stop seeing it....In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Tanith Ghosts View Post
    wait can you take conscripts instead of regular infantry or do yo have to have one platoon of regs.
    You can never have more troops choices filled by conscripts then are filled by regulars, same with armoured fist squads. This effectively makes regular platoons a 1+ choice (unless you get the grenadiers doctrine).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaxDv View Post
    For each infantry platoon, you may take an armoured fist or a conscript platoon. An armoured fist is basicly a single squad of 10 men loaded in a chimera and the conscripts are like the local soldiers, they don't cost a lot but there can be a lot of them, especially a 4 pts per model.
    You can take one AF squad AND a conscript squad for every standard platoon you have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ernie55 View Post
    You can take one AF squad AND a conscript squad for every standard platoon you have.
    Right! My bad.

+ Reply to Thread