Land raider crusader - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Land raider crusader

In the codex it says that a land raider crusader can carry 15 GK in power armor, does this mean it can carry more than one squad??

I love my nuns with guns!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the total number of grey knights in that crusader doesn't exceed 15, then I think you can. 8Y
    WH40K:
    1500pts Tyranids
    2000pts Chaos Space Marines
    Soon to be getting Necrons

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by 7OF8 View Post
    In the codex it says that a land raider crusader can carry 15 GK in power armor, does this mean it can carry more than one squad??
    Per page 64 in the big green book, under the "Who Can Use a Transport Paragraph", only one unit can ever be embarked (i.e. riding in) a transport plus any attached independent characters.

So you can only have squad that cannot exceed 15 models in total, including attached characters. Remember also that if you attached a character in terminator armor (say a Grey Knight Hero), he counts as 2 models.

Because Land Raiders are not dedicated transport, you can disembark one squad and have a different squad embark and ride on it. You just can't have two at the same time.

Also note that an independent character means by him/herself, no retinue. So you could not have your IQ lord with his mandatory 3 servants ride with your Grey Knights, he would be considered a separate unit.
    Last edited by Dr. Paris; April 9th, 2008 at 21:23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgive me for being wrong then, I must have misread the rules.
    WH40K:
    1500pts Tyranids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

141 (x3)

No worries. While in theory it would be doable, I think GW put it in to prevent rules abuses and I guess in a real combat scenario you wouldn't just cram squads ad hoc into a transport (unless you're an Ork, and their trucks have their own unique rules.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is it that landraider crusaders can transport more troops than landraiders can? Coz I'm sure landraiders can only carry 10 models in power armour or 5 models in terminator armour.
    WH40K:
    1500pts Tyranids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

141 (x3)

They were designed with Black Templars in mind, as they can have up to 20 marines in a squad (ten neophytes and 10 initiates). Also, marines (as of right now) can have up to 8 terminators in a squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Alienid View Post
    Why is it that landraider crusaders can transport more troops than landraiders can?
    Heh, that's kinda like asking what the ratio of leprechauns to unicorns is =P.

In other words, it's just another made up entity, so it can carry as many troops as GW decides it can . The fluff explanation, however, is that there's more room inside a Crusader, due to the different weapon configuration. Without the large power source needed to juice up the Godhammer pattern lascannon sponsons, you've got room for more shiny boys inside, all ready to slice up the enemy :ninja: (sorry, was just looking for an excuse to use the new smileys =P).

Game-mechanics wise, the Crusader is designed less as a versatile battle-tank, and more as a dedicated assault platform. All the weaponry on the crusader has a 24" range, and it's truly effective at 12". That coupled with the Frag Assault Launchers means it's probably the best transport in the game for assault squads.

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget that Coteaz can have a retinue of up to 15 henchmen.

+ Reply to Thread