Guerilla my dreams... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x1)

Guerilla my dreams...

Well folks, looking for a little help on an idea that has been stewing in my brain for a bit.

I want to use Sheaffer's Last Chancer rules, maxed out Fast Attack slots and maxed out Heavy Support slots to represent an IG armored company supported by local guerilla fighters. This idea rules out large infantry squads, commissars, and things that must remain stationary such as heavy weapons and basilisks but also allows for fun things like infiltrate or deepstrike and maybe even close combat to represent ambush and stealth. I will use last chancer rules for the guerillas as well as any fun bits people think i should throw in like allied inquisitors or JO HQ squads. I want the list to be competent but I don't expect to be hitting tournaments with it.

I have 2 russes, 1 demolisher, 2 sentinels, 1 chimera and 1 hellhound painted and ready for action. With my armor kitted out the way I like it, extra armor all around, triple bolters for the russes, and lascannons on the sentinels i'm out about 850 points give or take.

My question to the forum, how would you guys outfit a 650 points of last chancers to portray a semi-elite force of guerillas supporting an armored advance?

Here are some things that occur to me.

First, deep striking demo charges. Nothing sows fear and destruction like large unexpected explosions.

Second, close combat unit in the chimera. Part of me would like to see guard have some fun in assault. Shaeffer, Kage, a Honorifica Psyker and a priest leaping out of a chimera and charging some hapless unit is pretty appealing (Yes, I know it they can't move, deploy and assault in the same turn).

Third, 3 man squads w/ special weapons. I can't help thinking I my vehicles will need some assistance bringing down heavy armor, therefore one or two units of deepstriking meltagunners might come in handy. For added versatility I could do another squad of plasmagunners for hitting MEQs, special characters, big nids and rear armor.

Fourth, another hellhound. I include this simply on the principle that you can't ever have enough flaming death in an army.

Alright ladies and gentlemen, again, the challenge I put to you:

How should I build 650 points of guerillas to support my tank force?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

Well, shotguns sort of feel "right" for guerilla fighters, as do a couple of demo-charges (home made bombs).

Put Schaffer and Kage (or whatever names you give them) in a chimera with a bunch of blokes with either assault weapons or laspistols and close combat weapons for assaulting or just shotguns again for close in mobile shooty. And you can charge in after doing the shotgun thing anyway if you want to. Or save the Chimera for an enginseer, which I do think vehicle heavy armies should have, purely for fluff

If you want you could have one sub-unit with a pair of missile launchers (Guerillas often have light man-portable A-T, just not much of it)

Snipers would feel right as well. Maybe a sub-unit of four blokes with sniper rifles.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

i could picture a good deal of missile launchers(rpg's), mortars are in gurella groups. to tell you the truth you could actually use heavy bolters if you take 1 or 2 representing a few heavy machine guns that are stealthly set up and used to ambush with suddely, and then packed up to make a hasty escape.

demo charges are a great idea as suicide bombers, etc.

you might use storm bolters to equal a light machine gun which are fairly plentiful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Well if you want a fluffy army then what kind of world do the guriellas come from? that would determine what kind of weapons they would have

jungle=flamers etc

If that does not matter to you then i would ignore cc... a list like this is already at a slight disadvantage compared to tournament style armys so cc would lower it eaven further.

Deep strikeing meltas would be great

If you REALLY want cc then rough riders would work. The locals have a form of horse that have been used for war/normal life for centurys. you could use them to protect the flanks of your tanks. if somthing starts getting to close to tanks, then rush the riders out, if they dont kill the rough riders they might kill the tanks but then get killed by the rough riders. or they kill the rough riders on the charge and the tanks live for another turn
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

me too!!!!

I've wanted to see a guerilla ig army for a long long time!!! I was gonna suggest something along the lines of Light infantry if you ever include platoons, but I think some snipers, and some RPGs should do the trick for looks (armageddon missle launchers?). Demo charges look good, I'm not big on last chancers though... Lots of options, and they could be stand ins, but they just worry me, given, they're supposed to be elite, but dont platoons work as squads anyway? Just my 2 cents =D

8Y8Y

I am that i am not.
    "You sick tentacle fetishist puppy." - Ironweevil

+ Reply to Thread