5th edition counter-attack - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th edition counter-attack

With the rumored "run" ability coming up in 5th edition, IG units will be getting charged earlier and more often. What units will you use to counter-charge in light of the rumored 5th ed. changes? I have been thinking of using an eversor assassin as a cheap option, and possibly a unit of rough riders, but I am relatively new to IG.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play against Tyranids a lot so I am more or less used to swift moving assault units. As for armies like Space Marines running, well, that means they won't be shooting as much and consequently you'll have lots of intact 10-man squads to throw at them to slow them down.

If I start noticing that I get spanked by rushing units a lot, an Eversor might do the trick, or maybe some GKTs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

imo if you are going for tournament style play then rough riders would be the best choice.
    other units are
    ogryns in chimera
    sacrifical jo squad
    GKTs
    Assasins
    heavy flamer sentinel
    conscript squad
    A normal squad of infantry

Although alot of these will most likely lose the comabt, they buy you another rapid fire round. Winning CC in IG is less important, just deny your opponet from getting to your weakness and delay them long enough to kil them with your strength
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...what is this run you speak of?
    Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Apachetear View Post
    ...what is this run you speak of?
    Any infantry model can choose to move d6 inch instead of shooting in the shooting phase, however, unlike fleet of foot, they may not assault if they use this move.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

The one thing I feel the new run rule will really impact is carnifexes. Those things will be much faster and more deadly now that they can run. The rest of the 'Nids I don't see much of a change.

Orks already have the Waagh! and very fast trucks, so turn 2 assaults were already a given.

Marines I feel will field less rhinos.

Chaos, this could get scary, but again, most of their stuff was in rhino's before, now they'll be on foot.

I don't see much of an impact on Necrons or Tau.

Overall I feel the run thing is a big enough boon all around that it won't be too big an issue, esepecially since so many armies already had fleet that were assaulty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as we can run too, could make for a fun game of cat and mouse!
    Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    Any infantry model can choose to move d6 inch instead of shooting in the shooting phase, however, unlike fleet of foot, they may not assault if they use this move.
    Theres are significant downsides to running it seems. You cant shoot, assualt, or even know the exact distance your men will go if you choose to run.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Most of us Guard players have plenty of experience countering fast lists. We have viable anti-CC units, lots of vehicles and/or flamers, doctrines, allies and lots of bodies that we can use in many combinations to punish the enemy for bum-rushing us. So long as we have those options, we should be okay. In fact, this 'run' could help Guard too, helping us get to an objective when our squads don't have functional Chimerae.

It's the Tau I feel bad for. As if they didn't have things hard enough with CC, now it sounds like almost every army in existence will have a turn 2 charge against them.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread