Orbital Strike - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Orbital Strike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious on how to use and orbital strike, I know it targets a specific piece of terrain, and I assume it uses the ordinance blast template... But when placing the teplate on lets say a box... can the teplate not excede the edges of the box or can the centre of the template go to the edge of the box... leaving half of the blast inside the box and half of it outside... Or can you move the teplate out as far as you want from the box as long as the edge of the teplate still touches the egde of the box?

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Bravo@Apr 20 2004, 12:57
    I'm curious on how to use and orbital strike, I know it targets a specific piece of terrain, and I assume it uses the ordinance blast template... But when placing the teplate on lets say a box... can the teplate not excede the edges of the box or can the centre of the template go to the edge of the box... leaving half of the blast inside the box and half of it outside... Or can you move the teplate out as far as you want from the box as long as the edge of the teplate still touches the egde of the box?

Thanks in advance
    You can place it where ever you want. If it covers more models by being on the edge of this "box" you speak of then do it. You will still need to roll to see if it scatters...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can place it anywhere within the specified terrain piece, including partially outside to use your example - remember that apart from the mayhem, it also causes the unti to test for pinning....

Area denial is the key to be honest, its far too innaccurate to rely on pin-point assistance.
    NOBODY expects the Holy Inquisition!
    Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
    Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency....
    Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...
    and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor....
    Our four... no...
    Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry...
    are such elements as fear, surprise...

I'll come in again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the wording is something like: you can place the template anywhere in the piece of scenery, so as long as there is like 1 milimetre of the template on top of a milimetre of the piece chosen, you're ok, also don't forget that the exact placing can vary from turn tu turn (you choose) and it still has to scatter, so no point trying to cover as many enemy models as possible....
    <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Get your sig from-tHe BaD GuY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You place the terrain "anywhere" within the specified pisec of terrain. Once this is complted you have to roll for scatter. If the template is outside of this you are fine as long as it touches the peice of terrain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are fine as long as it touches the piece of terrain.
    No way, you only have to have both piece of terrain and template in contact when you place the template..... if it scatters off the terrain piece then there is no problem, it still works as normal....

the only time something is disregarded after scattering is if the cetre hole ends up off the table....
    <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Get your sig from-tHe BaD GuY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the FAQ, the template can be placed anywhere on the piece of terrain. However, at the point selected you must attempt to placed a majority of the template on the terrain. Basically, this means that the center hole of the ordinance template must be on the terrain (no cheating and only placing a piece of the edge of the template on the terrain with the rest off of it). Then roll for scatter, and it is ok if the template scatters off the terrain, it still takes effect unless it scatters off the table.

Closed Thread