Silly Noob Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

Silly Noob Question

About the Auspex. Do you declair shooting and roll at the moment the opponent inf squad sets up, or do you do it after all setup has been done?

Meaning if I have a Dev squad with a Terminator honour Sergeant that has an auspex. Do I make the roll right when the infiltrator unit sets up, or after all setup is complete?

And as a side note, What happens if two infiltrating units setup inside my auspex range?

2. Remove Advertisements

Melbourne, Australia
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

61 (x1)

Hi mate, not a silly question at all. I'll see if I can help:

From SM Codex, p23:
    "These shots are taken before the battle begins..."
    This would imply after all infiltrators are set up.

"If enemy models with the infiltrate special rule set up within 4D6" of a module with an auspex, then that model is allowed to take a 'free' shot at them..."
    For each unit that infiltrates, roll a 4D6 for each model with an Auspex. "Free shot" implies that you can take many (as they are free), but are limited to one shot per infiltrating unit, per unit with an auspex.

To clarify:
    If you have two sergeants w/ Auspex next to each other and the opponent sets up infiltrators nearby, you would have a chance of four (total) shots, one from each of your units against each of theirs.
    - Josh
    what am I, the pope?

+ Reply to Thread