Arco's... or Repentia?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arco's... or Repentia??

whis is better out of the 2?
    a squad of 6 flagellants? 210 pts
    OR
    Sisters of Repentia 210 pts
    9+Mistress
    TIA

Dark EldarW/L/T 3/0/0
    Chaos W/L/T 6/0/0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

arc's

i chose Arcos one reason because the models are cheaper and also i believe them to be more useful since they can run pretty fast crossing the table and t5 always amazes people plus up to 42 power weapon attacks (on incredible rolls8X) but i digress the repentia are way prettier than arcos...i still haven't bought any repentia yet however
    THAT'S JAKOB WITH A 'K'!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Here comes the Pain!

Priest - 65.
    Eviscerator.

Zealots - 180
    Zealots: LP+CCW (14), Eviscerator (4).

you get:
    10 eviscerator attacks; 28 normal attacks regular.

42 normal attacks;15 eviscerator attacks with laitanies of hate on charge!;?

6+ save, is a bit of a problem though but they can be screened well enough, that is something you would have to do with acros or sisters either way.
    You have 14 warm bodies to sacrifice before losing any significant melee power (eviscerator goodness), also the squad is neigh-unbreakable!!!8X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

Repentia but only because Arco Flagellants need an Inquisitor. I think Zealots trump those two (despite being a troops choice).
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

I vote for more Bolter SOBs until the 5th comes out and perhaps changes the battlefield... If you need those new models - I'd go with Arcos, due to T5 which is a bit of a surprise for anyone playing against Sisters before. However, as incorrectly stated above, Arcos require a Priest, not =][=...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRussian View Post
    Priest - 65.
    Eviscerator.

Zealots - 180
    Zealots: LP+CCW (14), Eviscerator (4).

you get:
    10 eviscerator attacks; 28 normal attacks regular.

42 normal attacks;15 eviscerator attacks with laitanies of hate on charge!;?

6+ save, is a bit of a problem though but they can be screened well enough, that is something you would have to do with acros or sisters either way.
    You have 14 warm bodies to sacrifice before losing any significant melee power (eviscerator goodness), also the squad is neigh-unbreakable!!!8X
    what exactly are ZEALOTS???
    lol cause i looked in the book and i couldnt see any trace of what you might be refering to... lol hahaha thankx!
    Dark EldarW/L/T 3/0/0
    Chaos W/L/T 6/0/0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

White Dwarf 292 if I am not mistaken has Chapter Approved on them.

Cannot post the rules for them here, but If you look for Red Elf on google you may find them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

If you're looking for a recommendation for Acro-Flagellents, or Repentia, I'd recommend the Acro-flagellents. the Inv. save is nice, while the Repentia don't have a great armor save at all.

now for the same points, if you NEED a CC threat, Zealots are great. look up the rules posted by Red Elf for Zealots. it's good stuff. they're nutty goodness to stick a priest with, then take Arco-Flagellents, if you need them.

otherwise, I'd recommend going with another SoB squad with Heavy Flamer and Flamer. they're wicked point cost effective at talking things down, esp. when you couple Divine Guidance with their rapid fire and flamer templates.

another option for CC would be the Seraphim with VSS and Evisc. hit and run gives you a way out if the battle's too tough.

Celestians are another valid option for counter-assault CC. again, give the VSS a Evisc. str3 power weapons aren't worth the points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Repentia's, eventhough having great models (some of the best in the game, in fact) are not really all that good: they suck. They lack survavability whilst at the same time striking last and having no good way to be delivered to the enemy (they can't take transports etc).

So as a counter assault unit, they might work, if used with care.

The arco's are little better, needing an inq (which the WH doen't really have a use for, canonnesses being so much better) and having many of the problems from which the repentia suffer.

The best thing in the WH arsenal are the sisters, cheap, with a bolter and powerarmor and the very potent faithpowers. If you need to invest, put some trust in more nuns with guns!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, well repentia are realy not worth it, trust me.

1) they strike last because of their weapons(so they die before they do damage)
    2) they have T3(so they die very fast en easy)
    3) they have an armor save of 4(realy crap, for the pionts you have to pay)

Arco`s are a bit 2 expensive.
    And they are a very big target, most of the time they won`t get into CC.

Please note that you don`t need an INQUISITOR, you do need an priest with Arco`s

I would go with the Arco`s if i had to choose

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast