Priests and Archoflagellants - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priests and Archoflagellants

In the Witch Hunters Codex it states that I cannot use archoflagellants without a Priest, but I can only attach a Priest using the WHC to an inducted Guard unit. If I add a Priest from IG Codex can I use archoflagellants that way?

I thought they might be an interesting cc unit to use for my expansion to 2000pts, perhaps a one off shot against a nasty unit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe you only have to have a priest in the army not necessarily accompanying them.
    Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only the strong may truly judge what is sane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well yes you need the Priest, and they cannot be joined to archoflagellants anyway (no character can) but can I use the Priest from the IG codex? The way I read the WH codex is that I can only join a Priest to inducted IG units. No good to me I don't play WH army, I play IG, I want WH as allies.

Basically what I am asking is if I fork out the points for two Priests, because I will take an eviscarator armed one for my infantry platoon commad squad, can I add archoflagellants? Or does it have to be the Priest from the WH codex and the required rules?

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Liffrea View Post
    Well yes you need the Priest, and they cannot be joined to archoflagellants anyway (no character can) but can I use the Priest from the IG codex? The way I read the WH codex is that I can only join a Priest to inducted IG units. No good to me I don't play WH army, I play IG, I want WH as allies.

Basically what I am asking is if I fork out the points for two Priests, because I will take an eviscarator armed one for my infantry platoon commad squad, can I add archoflagellants? Or does it have to be the Priest from the WH codex and the required rules?

If you do end up taking a priest from the IG codex, I don't see why you wouldn't also be able to take arcoflagellants - it doesn't specify where the priest has to come from, only that you have to have one.

And the priests in the IG codex are just as much a part of the ecclesiarchy as priests from the WH codex.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadaver Junkie View Post
    If you do end up taking a priest from the IG codex, I don't see why you wouldn't also be able to take arcoflagellants - it doesn't specify where the priest has to come from, only that you have to have one.

And the priests in the IG codex are just as much a part of the ecclesiarchy as priests from the WH codex.
    In total agreement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right cheers guys. I'll run it, at worst I'll get pulled up and have to use my Inquisition retinue instead.

+ Reply to Thread