Point Cost???? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Point Cost????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Point Cost????

i have some questions reguarding guard point cost, it shows that 1 platoon equals one troop choice then it says 2-5 squads= 1 platoon and that costs 60 pts plus weps ect, my friend says its 60 pts per 10 guys is that how it works? say i have 6 10 man guard squads all with sergent, plasma gun and lascannon, how much would that be?

Last edited by Diango; April 24th, 2008 at 00:44.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

It's per squad (10 guys). So for example, your absolute minimal platoon would cost 160 points (1 JO, and 2 squads)

55 guardsmen for 100 points would be quite a lot! ;?
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

how do you have a lascannon in an infantry squad, or do you have a heavy weapons platoon with you HQ and you putting them with you squads like the eldar.
    We who have seen war will never stop seeing it....In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams....

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Diango View Post
    i have some questions reguarding guard point cost, it shows that 1 platoon equals one troop choice then it says 2-5 squads= 1 platoon and that costs 60 pts plus weps ect, my friend says its 60 pts per 10 guys is that how it works? say i have 6 10 man guard squads all with sergent, plasma gun and lascannon, how much would that be?
    Yes, you pay the nominated amount per squad of 10 guardsmen. Then you pay the costs of all their equipment.

6 IG infantry squads, all with plasmaguns and lascannons, would come to a grand total of 570 points. Plus the cost of the 2 JO's required (you cannot have a platoon of 6 full infantry squads, so would be required to split them and make it 2 seperate platoons with a JO each).

Quote Originally Posted by Tanith Ghosts View Post
    how do you have a lascannon in an infantry squad, or do you have a heavy weapons platoon with you HQ and you putting them with you squads like the eldar.
    You can take a 2 man heavy weapon crew as part of each infantry squad - check your codex page 44.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

When first i read the guard codex i was astounded by the sheer number of heavy weapons you could field. Not realizing the low BS of the IGmen, i thought "how on earth can anyone beat this?!".

When something sounds too good to be true, it usually is
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember as well that you can field remnant squad for each platoon, I believe you need at least four men at 6pts each. I run a flamer armed troop of seven to act as counter charge with my platoon HQ.

+ Reply to Thread