Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Yes like it says ive had serious trouble with insanly aggresive orcs any ideas?
2) Lots and lots of fire - more dice = better.
3) I actually found charging them is good for a wheeze.
Seriously, i'm allies addicted, but a good one for orcs is:
Elite DH Inquisitor, Emperors Tarot, Hammerhand, Frag Grenades, Artificer Armour, Storm Bolter
= 71 points (or get a psycannon for 91 pts total. Assault 3, S6)and is independant, so untargetable unless closest.
However, you get +1 on going first - a good thing to have, (5 times out of 6)
And on the charge, on initiative 4x STR 6 attacks, With 2x Storm bolter shots on the way in too. Kills bikes good (Get a In lord and retinue if you got the points / minis). + Heavy bolters, + sniper to pick out the nobs with claws
Tank shocking bikes is a good tactic,
So is shooting them with basalisks (or any open topped vehicle with templates),
and split deployment. (deploy in two corners, shoot him)
Last edited by stayscrunchyinmilk; April 29th, 2008 at 10:00.
Adeptus Mechanicus Marines: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1655065
Agree about the hell hounds. Also considder...
- Small Platoon command squads with 4 flamers held in reserve 6" behind your lines to counterattack after orks wipe out squads.
- 4 granade launchers are also fun using krak against trucks/Canz/Bikes or frag against troop concentrations.
- Deploy your troop choice squads in lines with a second line 6" behind, the orks cannot consolidate into new opponents if they wipe out squads in one turn. This leaves your following turn to shoot the orks with rappid fire weapons and flamers.
- Autocannon fire support squads can shoot the trucks very efectively. Sharp shooters on these squads may be worth it.
- An ally squad of 10 grey knights can help by providing mobile fire power. They glance trucks at long range and can mowe down ork squads as they either advance or retreat. In addition they should kill 10 (on average) ork boys in combat before the green chaps even get to strike. This makes a nice wall of close combat power that you can use to protect more vulnerable shooty units such as AT/Fire Support squads.
- Small hardened veteran units with 3 plasmaguns can be useful against mega armour as can the demolisher russ cannon.
- If you have Imperial Armour Vol1 get Leman Russ Conquerors. Each can fire a S7 Ap4 blast, 9 heavy bolt shots, 3 from the pintel stubber, 2 from the coax storm bolter and still move 6"! That's gotta be better than a single S8 AP3 pie plate that further if you move.
Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.
But yes, hellhounds are your best friends. Also, you could also consider taking heavy weapon platoons of 6 heavy bolters and maybe 3 autocannons. I also think that a chimera armed with 2 heavy flamers carrying hardened vets with 3 flamers works pretty well. Then you'll get to say: "BURN, ORKIES, BURN! MOUWAHAHAHA!"
I have had great success with Heavy Bolter Fire support squads with sharpshooters. Cheap and really effective. Ogryns also make a pretty good mess of Orks.
Last edited by Fenix1776; May 1st, 2008 at 17:06.
What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?
if you have acess to forgeworld then the vulture gunship can launch 8 small blasts, and 3 heavy bolter shots for a little more than a fully equiped demolisher in addition because it is a VTOL flyer it can claim table corners and is hard to kill......
besides forgeworld a good suprise when the enemy gets close is a special weapon squad with a single demo charge, its cheap, highly effective, and your opponent doesnt expect it.
against speed freaks you cannot have enough autocannons they will tear apart anything in a orc army except battlewagons(they can still kill them tho......XD)
as for hellhounds, well just look under this post...........
Hellhounds are good tanks
Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"