Plasma/Missile - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plasma/Missile

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x1)

Heavy Weapons/Other Questions

Hey all. Okay, so I'm doing a skitarii army, which means that all of my special- and heavy-weapon toting guardsmen are going to be servitors. The only problem that this proves for me is acquiring the special weapons for conversion. So my question is, what would be the best way to go about getting 3 missile launchers, a lascannon, and 3 plasma guns?

Also, I need four grenade launchers, one for each infantry squad. Does the box set come with enough for this?

And finally, if I buy the $25 Imperial Guard boxed Sentinel, does it come with parts to make it into a Mars Pattern?

Thanks!

P.S. If anyone wants to give my army list a final run-down, it's here.

Last edited by Subsocial; May 4th, 2008 at 06:36.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Subsocial View Post
    Hey all. Okay, so I'm doing a skitarii army, which means that all of my special- and heavy-weapon toting guardsmen are going to be servitors. The only problem that this proves for me is acquiring the special weapons for conversion. So my question is, what would be the best way to go about getting 3 missile launchers, a lascannon, and 3 plasma guns?
    For the Heavy Weapons buy the 3 Heavy Weapon squad box set. With a bit of conversion you can make 3 Rockets, 3 Lascannons, 3 Autocannons, 3 Heavy Bolters, and 3 Mortars from it.

As for plasmaguns I find the cheapest way to get them is to trade bitz with Space Marine/Chaos Marine players (CSM Plasmas need a little cleaning up though).

Also, I need four grenade launchers, one for each infantry squad. Does the box set come with enough for this?
    Each box of 20 men comes with two Grenade Launchers and two Flamers, not that they get a lot of use.

And finally, if I buy the $25 Imperial Guard boxed Sentinel, does it come with parts to make it into a Mars Pattern?
    Yes, pretty sure it does.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x1)

Excellent. Thank you very much. A little disappointed about the plasma guns but hey, GW can't make all the bits we need .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-170 (x0)

Excellent. Thank you very much. A little disappointed about the plasma guns but hey, GW can't make all the bits we need .
    They do, they just sell them for a stupidly high price in a blister pack, with a meltagun most people don't want mixed in.

Karmoon

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x1)

Exactly lol. Hmm... you know, a meltagun just may be able to be turned into a plasma gun with a little bit of converting. What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x1)

My first guard army had all of their special weapons made from converted flamers. I would chop off the tubes and flamer bits and glue on the top and front of a space marine plasma pistol. They actually turned out very well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x1)

Hey that's a really good idea. Did you just buy a couple SM sprues through mail order?

EDIT: Wait a second. I was gone for a while and now it seems that GW doesn't send just sprues anymore. None of their online store items that I've looked at had sprues or bitz available. Am I going crazy?

EDIT #2: I looked at your minis. They did turn out really well. Very nice job .
    Last edited by Subsocial; May 4th, 2008 at 07:17.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-170 (x0)

Exactly lol. Hmm... you know, a meltagun just may be able to be turned into a plasma gun with a little bit of converting. What do you think?
    Personally, too much effort. I hate converting metal.

Karmoon

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x1)

Oh yeah, that's right. They're metal. That would be a serious pain. Better try for the flamer to plasma.

+ Reply to Thread