Army Uniqueness - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Army Uniqueness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far I have put together a pretty good ensemble of what looks like an army. The only thing it lacks is character and I have had it. Its been a while where I have been trying to figure out what the missing piece of the puzzle is. What makes my army unique?

Earlier I read that someone had 2 postulates for his army; no transports and all vet sgts. This gave me several ideas for my army and all I need is some feedback or suggestions.

"I'll convert anything twice... thrice if necessary"

1. All sgts have Mk-8 armour. This is the armour that you get in a TAC squad intended for the sgt that has an extra piece of armour for the neck. I ordered the bits already...so this is a go. This means sgts for all fast, heavy and troop units except scouts.

2. All heavy weaopns choices for soilders are missle launchers including all 4 choices for devastaor, TAC and scout sniper squads. I want my army to be as shooty as possible. And I will have to make some fluff about why the missle is so adored.

3. No transports. I never liked them and they don't suit my forces. Again fluff needed.

4. Veterans. All veterans and sgts have the legs with no knee balls, so the straight kind. Why not, I heard that these legs are the Mk-4 legs, an older armour for the older, more experienced troops. Historical significance. All veterans will also have the beak head. Again its an older style of armour. So this is directed at my vet squad only.

5. Plasma weapons are only allowed for veterans, vet sgts or HQ. Older technolegey for the older men. So plasma rifles and pistols that are carried by men in TAC squads or men in assult squads are considered veterans but their stats remain the same as a regular space marine. However, they look like the veterans do as mentioned in 4.

6. Every sgt and HQ has a flag. I like flags. I made my flags using the 'paint' tool, paint for heavens sake!

7. A veteran squad MUST be fielded for every game, no matter the points. This means either a command squad, vet squad or termie squad -> dreds aren't enough. Reason: The White Consuls are one of the first second founding Chapters, therefore the men have been at war for a great deal of time. Veterans are reveared and praised in battle, therefore termie honours are a must for every veteran squad.

8. White consuls take extremely good care of their armour and weapons, that is why my paint scheme is so clean and distinct. Some pics are in the showcase section.

So what do you think? FEEDBACK IS CRUTIAL. I am going to start chopping legs off men and a lot of conversions. This is a bit different from the usual army, but I like to say, it's what separates them from everyone elses army.

...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it! Though you'd have to have some pretty serious fluff to explain all of the missile-launchers and lack of transports.

Maybe your company of white consols (i'm assuming you are only collecting a conpany of them) was locked down defending a munitions factory, they had access to nothing but missile launchers and have since developed a ###### for them, and they have no transports as there was no real need of them when they were defending the factory

that's odd it censored the word f.e.t.i.s.h.
    What doesn't kill you, cripples you for life

Whoever invented the Rubix Cube had a sick and twisted sense of humor

I will not eat oysters, i want my food dead, not sick, not wounded, dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, here's my little army doohickies:

1. All Troops must have Plasma weapons as an Assault weapon and Missile Launchers as heavy weapons. Elites must use Multi Meltas, heavy flamers and heavy bolters as weapons. Fast Attack...well I'm not too sure about them, I'm intending to use only Assault Squads, which will only have bolt pistols, no plasma pistols. Heavy Support will have only Missile Launchers and Plasma Cannons. My fluff changes these weapons into suitable elemental weapons ( Elite = Fire, Troops = Ice, Fast Att.= Lightning, Heavy Supp.=Earth)

2. No vehicles of any kind. Nada. Zippo. Zulch.

3. I'm gonna try to style small robes onto all my marines. All marines must have helmets, no skin whatsoever.

W/D/L

Dwarfs 1/0/0 (Reset due to new rules)

Space Marines 0/0/0 (still under construction)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great! Being up until 3am sure paid off. I am pleased that such ideas are not found to be rediculous. Now I have a lot of converting to do.

As for the no transport thing I just thought that...
    My battle company is the fifth, and what if in the past their Chaplain and highest veterans were attacked while in a razorback and all were vapourised by an eldar wraithlord. Unable to recover from the loss of their Chaplain they vowed to never deploy transports in the fear of losing more honored soilders to an infirior metal box.

As for the missle launchers, their simplicity and effectiveness have gone unsurpassed for millenia. Good old trusty missles, I like the factory idea though, but I need more time to think about this.

I love the whole revearing the veterans idea. Most people would rather take more marines over the high point cost of veterans but this is what will make my army.

Once I get completed squads preped and painted I'll post the pics. As if looks right now, no unit will be spared, I have to mod over 15 complete models plus get more.

Keep poisting your armies little touches, I would love to hear of them.
    ...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Sounds good, I like themed armies

As for ==Mine==, the Angels of the Lion. They are a Dark Angels Successor who lead by example and venerate their Scouts, seeing them as the Chapter's future, especially since the Supreme Grand Master (when he was a scout) was saved by a veteran marine, telling him that he is the Chapter's future.

So:
    1) 1 Scout Squad or Scout Bike Squadron must be included in every army, regardless of points

2) All Scout Squads must be led by a stubborn Veteran Sergeant, leading by example

3) Supreme Grand Master Asmodel (==Me==) may only be used in games of 2000 points and over, and must be accompanied by his Command Squad.

4) Usual Dark Angel restrictions, units, and organization.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

the only thing i think you'd have problems with is fitting beakie heads into those collared things,the rest sounds cool,i made up a few special non-stat-affecting rules for my guys,like less vets,more dependence on vehicles and machines,and all the cc weapons are swords or chainswords,no fists or axes or stuff..

Closed Thread