Penitent Engines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just wondering how effective the Penitent Engines actually are.

Has anyome actually played with them in a battle? Against whom? How good were they and that sort of thing. Myself i remember playing with them one during playtesting against Chaos Space Marines and after a shot from the Defiler the Engines went penitenting by the side of the Emperor.

<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Get your sig from-tHe BaD GuY

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are rather effective in cc, but you&#39;ll have to field them in a squadron of three. I tested them against my WE and they took out around 14 models before being destroyed, so they made their points cost and then some. Against necrons, two were destroyed during their shooting phase, but the remaining one managed to destroy most of a warrior squad and phase the necrons out.
    I have to stress again that you need to have more than one for them to be effective, they die easily to shooting, but are unstoppable in assault. 3 heavy flame thrower attacks and then up to 21 S10 attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a problem with them against a DE player, I had destroyed his dark lance on a raider so he decided to have my penitent engines chase a useless raider around a barren edge of the field. Since they must move towards the nearest model it can be a disadvantage especially when the raider can stay 19" away so you can&#39;t assault it. I like the way they look so I am not too upset that I got 3 but I will not be fielding them again. Just my 2 cents.
    Odin Magnus
    Order of the Bloody Rose * Sisters of Battle *
    Phoenix Clan Voice of Reason * Unique *
    Master Tactician * Deranged *
    Acolyte of Rebirth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a great idea for keeping them away from valuable troops -- let&#39;s hope that this tactic doesn&#39;t become widespread.

As for fielding them, I use only one and its useful for, if nothing else, as a fire sink. While they&#39;re shooting at the PE, they&#39;re not shooting at my seraphim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Blue Meanie@Apr 29 2004, 03:34
    What a great idea for keeping them away from valuable troops -- let&#39;s hope that this tactic doesn&#39;t become widespread.
    It actually is, I don&#39;t know if you play chaos, but people use empty rhinos to bait khorne berserkers under blood frenzy away from their infantry units. Really annoying stuff, but I must say it works, until the melta bomb explodes at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a bit off topic, but about the pilots: Are they detachable? The US website does not have the components of the model viewable (only the model itself)
    They would make good (if a bit sacrilegious, if that is your thing) executed heretics (or heretics being executed...) for small pieces of scenery on a board. I can really see the Imperium using crucifixion (also, it seems to appear a lot in the artwork).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be a horrendous amount of conversion work to make the pilots detachable, but the model does come with your choice of two differen pilots, so it should not be overly difficult to utilize the "spare" pilot in the fashion you describe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, sorry...
    What I wanted to ask was if they came separate from the model. I guess they do. Thanks&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also to do with it, does anyone have any idea how to counter the empty vehicle tactic besides during deployment????
    <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Get your sig from-tHe BaD GuY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sisters aren&#39;t like a Khorn army, because very fiew of them are actually hindered in any way by the empty Rhino tactic. Also, unlike khorn berzerkers, penitent engines and repentia are very capable of killing the vehicle if they get close enough. str 10, and abundant str 6 + 2d6 attacks tend to destroy the vehicle. The fast vehicles present a problem for those units, but you don&#39;t have to take a penitent engine or repentia. If you do, then just use retributors, an exrosist, or one of the inquisitors henchmen with a big gun to shoot the vehicle down.

Its certainly not like the empty transport tactic is affective enough against sisters or Witch hunters for it to be common vs us, but if it is then many witch hunters will have no problem disapointing their aponents.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast