a few questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a few questions

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

a few questions

I tried looking these up in the FAQ but both the American and UK GW sites are down for maintainence.

If you could help me answer a few questions, I could get started on my army.

Is a Inquisitor Lord or Grey Knight hero still a psyker even if I don't take any powers? Can i still counter enemy psykers or do I have to take a power or psychic hood?

Can a GKTerm Brother Captain take a psycannon and still use his nemesis force weapon in CC? It looks like I can due to the wording, and terminators can usually take 2 handed weapons regardless.

Can a Justicar take a psycannon and still use his nemesis force weapon in CC? Can an Inquisitor lord take a psycannon (can take 2 weapons but just use 1 at a time) and add some shooting punch (better BS with the Sage)

If I allocated a wound on my Inquistor Lord and he fails his armor save and takes a wound, can I then allocate the wound to an acolyte with artificier armor or refractor shield and roll the armor/invulnerable save or do you not get a save against those wounds?

Will having multiple sages (the reroll on any shooter in the retinue) protect a gun servitor from the "get hot" rule if he has a plasma cannon?

Does the Grey Knight Terminator ability to have a psychic power allow me to defend against enemy psychic powers, or do I need a psychic hood?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Is a Inquisitor Lord or Grey Knight hero still a psyker even if I don't take any powers? Can i still counter enemy psykers or do I have to take a power or psychic hood?

Does the Grey Knight Terminator ability to have a psychic power allow me to defend against enemy psychic powers, or do I need a psychic hood?
    This really depends on the psychic power. Given that the Inquisitor is not a Grey Knight he would still need a psychic hood to deal with enemy psychic powers. As far as grey knights go, if the power would target the grey knights then no you don't need anything. If the power would boost his own troops then yes you'd need a hood.

Can a GKTerm Brother Captain take a psycannon and still use his nemesis force weapon in CC? It looks like I can due to the wording, and terminators can usually take 2 handed weapons regardless.
    Yes he can.

Can a Justicar take a psycannon and still use his nemesis force weapon in CC? Can an Inquisitor lord take a psycannon (can take 2 weapons but just use 1 at a time) and add some shooting punch (better BS with the Sage)
    The justicar can to the best of my knowledge, but you if you do that he will lose his true grit capability which is a no no. And if you are going to take mini purge squads, 5 men with 2 psycannons max. Yes an Inquisitor [Lord] may take a psycannon.

If I allocated a wound on my Inquistor Lord and he fails his armor save and takes a wound, can I then allocate the wound to an acolyte with artificier armor or refractor shield and roll the armor/invulnerable save or do you not get a save against those wounds?
    No. You can't try and save against the wound twice. You either take the wound on your inquisitor lord, or you take it on the acolyte.

Will having multiple sages (the reroll on any shooter in the retinue) protect a gun servitor from the "get hot" rule if he has a plasma cannon?
    Only if on the second roll you manage not to overheat again.

Thats everything I know to the best of my knowledge.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Justicars can only buy wargear from the armory. They cannot buy weapons. This is stated in the armory's introduction.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x7)

If you take 3 Sages, can you get 2 rerolls? Or do you always only get one per shooting phase?

thanks again.
    Last edited by buckero0; May 17th, 2008 at 22:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You only get one re-roll. A third sage would just protect your ability to have a re-roll. Probably not worth the points when you could have a mystic instead.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x7)

actually, in my book, it says the justicar can purchase any equipment out of the armoury, which means he can get anything he wants. I don't think I will take that 3rd psycannon, but he could if he wanted to. I guess I could give a combi plasma or something, but I'm not sure it's worth spending anymore points on them, since they are super expensive anyway. I wonder if you have an older edition of the book Marid.

So, I have seen some debate in some of the older posts, when the retinue dies, the inquisitor loses the abilities he gained while they were alive, or does he continue to have enhanced abilities?
    Last edited by buckero0; May 17th, 2008 at 22:18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imo, dont take away the nemezis weapon of the justicars ( as u can see on the powerarmored model, all non T armord guys hold it with 2 hands), and u know, that every force weapon above simple GK-s count as powerweapons! -1 powerweapon can hurt yaknow! ( or i'm just too newb, and he still has his NFW, and only looses the TG ability)

For the counterpsy: read Aegis. ILords don't have Aegis.
    My question: If i take a Incinerator with a PAGK, he looses true grit? So he if he charges, he doesn't benefit from the NFW-s merit?

cheers.
    SemperFidelis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

actually, in my book, it says the justicar can purchase any equipment out of the armoury,
    have you looked on Page 16 second paragraph down in the armoury section

"Grey Knights in power armour may only choose items from the wargear list...etc"

maybe you cold give them artificer armour then say there not in power armour so can take what they want. I suspect though there are rules to prohibit this but cant see them. However I think this is probably pointlessly picking hole in the rules and they should be left as they are in weapons.
    Last edited by Sam51; May 18th, 2008 at 00:20.

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by buckero0 View Post
    I tried looking these up in the FAQ but both the American and UK GW sites are down for maintainence.

If you could help me answer a few questions, I could get started on my army.

They're still psykers.
    Lords need a psychic hood.
    Heroes can defend against psychic powers directed at them by using the GK special rules, but they need a hood to counter powers not aimed at them.

Yes. Unless the rules have something that says otherwise, as long as your gun isn't replacing the close combat weapon, then you can use the close combat weapon in CC.

I don't think Justicars can have psycannons. However I suppose though that you could nominate him as one of the squad's special weapons recievers, but you would lose his nemesis weapon, which isn't a good idea.
    There is also the artificer armor thing that Sam51 pointed out, but if you try that then you will be guilty of heresy and hunted down by the Ordo Hereticus!

Yes, lords (and regular inquisitors) can take psycannons.

The model that gets hit must be determined before rolling for the wounds, saves, etc., so no.

Yes, unless the dice gods don't like you and you get a second overheat.

No, they only can get the Holocaust power. You can however give them a hood or use their special rules.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    imo, dont take away the nemezis weapon of the justicars ( as u can see on the powerarmored model, all non T armord guys hold it with 2 hands), and u know, that every force weapon above simple GK-s count as powerweapons! -1 powerweapon can hurt yaknow! ( or i'm just too newb, and he still has his NFW, and only looses the TG ability)

For the counterpsy: read Aegis. ILords don't have Aegis.
    My question: If i take a Incinerator with a PAGK, he looses true grit? So he if he charges, he doesn't benefit from the NFW-s merit?

cheers.
    The model may suggest otherwise, but in the rules, GKT's hold psycannons with both hands also.

Technically, the PAGK never loses true grit; he drops both the storm bolter and NFW. (the equipment loss has the same effect, but meh)

Quote Originally Posted by buckero0 View Post
    So, I have seen some debate in some of the older posts, when the retinue dies, the inquisitor loses the abilities he gained while they were alive, or does he continue to have enhanced abilities?
    He keeps them. See p13, right above the Henchmen stats.
    Last edited by qsd; May 18th, 2008 at 02:06.
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x7)

thank you qsd. I'm still finding little rules hidden here and there in the book. I may have to get a highlighter and go through the book to keep track of them all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast