Chaos Battle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chaos Battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am playing against a Chaos army 2000 point limit this weekend. I think that I have a good battel plan but would like to know if Kharn is considered a Daemon by the definition in the DH Codex. I an unfamiluar with what id considered a Daemonic Gift, so any help on the topic would be great.

As for the battle below is a list of the army I will be using.

HQ
    GM PS Cannon, Grimoir of true Names, Sacred Inscense
    Retinue 5 Terminators

ILord Term Armor, Lightning Claws, Hammerhand
    Retinue 2 Vets w/ Plasma Guns, 1 Gun servitore with Plasma Cannon

Elites

Callidus Assassin

Troops
    IST - two squads with Grenade Launcher, Plasma Gun, Melta Gun

FA

3 GK squads (3) Incinerators (1) Ps Cannon

Heavy

2 DN's TlLascannon, Missle Launcher, Plasma Cannon, CCW

My plan is to use the DN (1), IST, and Lord as a Firebase. The CC Dn will attempt to flank his 1 squad of Beserkers. While the Firebase shhots at the other. The assassins role will be to take out the Havok Unit. The GM and Termies, will hopefully have the honor of bringing down Kharn and the remaining troops.

I know this player and he is going very heavy with the wargear, and not troops. I am possible looking at 2 squads of beserkers, 1 squad of Cmarines, 5 Terminators, Kharn, (1) DN, Havoks, and Raptors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

IST - two squads with Grenade Launcher, Plasma Gun, Melta Gun

3 GK squads (3) Incinerators (1) Ps Cannon
    how are the special weapons distributed? Because IST's can only have two apiece, and GK can only have 2 apiece, unless their a purgation squad (which can't be FA).

ILord Term Armor, Lightning Claws, Hammerhand
    Retinue 2 Vets w/ Plasma Guns, 1 Gun servitore with Plasma Cannon
    CC Inq and shooty retinue, not a good use. And hammerhand + CCW is sorta a waste.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try dedication your quiz retinue to a single task, like heavy fire, and meg brings up a good point about hammerhead. Lightning claws are real good at taking on tanks but if you use hammerhead then you get stregth 6 anyway......quizes are (generally) better at range than cc so try spinning them to their strengths.
    A Rhino? SLOTH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with some of the comments. Specialize your inquisitor lord for either CC or shooting, not both. My preference is to make him shooting and give him a psycannon. You can leave the hammerhand power to use in case you get into CC with him. I would then make sure you add at least 1 mystic into the retinue, and 1-2 sages. The mystic because you get free shots at any deep striking units that land nearby plus any daemons summoned nearby. The sage will give you a reroll, very useful with plasma weapons in case you roll the dreaded 1. According to what you think he's going to take I don't see anything that requires you to need a Lascannon. If you are willing to risk him taking an AV14 vehicle, take a plasma cannon on both dreadnoughts instead. They can still negate terminator/marine armor, has a good strength, and a burst template. It can still punch through lower armor values. Remember, DN's are unaffected by the gets hot rule. As long as you don't expect anything heavy in the way of enemy vehicles a plasma cannon has the greater potential for damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, i'd be tempted to:

Make the =][= properly shooty, with perhaps a psycannon and powerarmour, with an auspex.
    For the retinue, i'd field 2 x hvy bolters for more wounds dished out per turn, keep the plasma cannon, add in a mystic, and a sage or two, for the anti-deep strike capability, daemon shooting and re-roll help.

Maybe give one dread a Las, the other a plasma

Cut down IST special weapons to legal - i.e One Melta, one Plasma.
    Cut down Gk spec. weapons to legal, using maybe one of each Incincerator and psycannon.

Shoot the heck out of the beserkers before engaging in HtH - the Khornate Axe armour save penalty plays heck with the GK's, and if you do try to take on Kharn, best wishes, as that guy is TOUGH. Can't be insta-killed, has uber weapon skill, and a real nasty weapon. Best bet is shooting him to death, or going first and trying to inflict as many wounds as possible before he gets a chance to hit back.

Good Luck either way.
    NOBODY expects the Holy Inquisition!
    Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
    Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency....
    Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...
    and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor....
    Our four... no...
    Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry...
    are such elements as fear, surprise...

I'll come in again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will try to make more sense out of the list that I provided.

Troops:

1- IST 5 man squad with Melta-Gun, and Plasma gun Total 5 Models
    1- IST 5 man squad with Grenade Launcher Total 5 Models

FA
    1- GK Squad (1) Psycannon, (1) Incinerator
    1- GK Squad (1) Incinerator
    1- GK Squad (1) Incinerator

Hope that cleared some thins up. I am not use to playing =I= Lords. I would like to use the =I= lord as a back up. So instead of giving him the Hammerhand (WOW what was I thinking) I gave him Scouring to give him some shooting. Hey I am knew to using =I= lords, I normally play pure GK, but am wanting to expand. So keep the advise coming.

By the way is Kharn considered a Daeomon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way is Kharn considered a Daeomon?
    My bad, forgot to answer that question.

No, he's not a deamon. As you are probably aware however, he is "just that damn good".

:unsure:

If you can go first, you may be able to land enough wounds to finish him off (wounding on a 2+, after all, but hitting on 4+). I'd still got for shooting him as much as possible before HtH.
    NOBODY expects the Holy Inquisition!
    Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
    Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency....
    Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...
    and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor....
    Our four... no...
    Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry...
    are such elements as fear, surprise...

I'll come in again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the Codex it says that if a they have more than 50 points of Daemonic Gifts then they are considered a Daemon. But then again I dont know what his states are, or what gifts he has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Brother-Captain Storm@Apr 30 2004, 176
    In the Codex it says that if a they have more than 50 points of Daemonic Gifts then they are considered a Daemon. But then again I dont know what his states are, or what gifts he has.
    wrong!
    it says that under the lord section not just in general.
    <span style='color:purple'>&quot;With my new body I have reborn yet again, and so history repeats itself.&quot;</span>
    <span style='color:purple'>~The soul within, soultheif88</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I missed the Stature part of it. In the DH codex on page 20 it states, "Chaos Lords with the Daemonic Stature gift and/or over 50 points of daemonic gifts.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast