Tactics? Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Tactics? Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, im a newb to space mairnes, but i have these units at my disposal:

2 Drednoughts (either furiso or not)
    land raider
    Librarian
    Commander
    20 Tactical squads
    Witch hunter Inquisitor
    Vindicare assasin
    The assassin with the neural flamer thing
    5 Man assault sqaud/ or used as death company
    3 X rhino
    1X razorback
    Landspeeder (heavy bolter one)
    Devestator squad.

What tactics should i use and vital things should i get to make an effectice blooodangel or Generic space marine (ultramarine) army list?

Start from the basics of tactics for smace marines e.g. i Know that bloodangel devestator squads are not very good.

Oh and by the way, i can paint any of theses things as bloodangel/ generic as to their battle role. Beause the bloodangel codex says you can mix generic and bloodangels in one army. So likelhood will be that i will paint my devestator squad in a non-bloodangel color schme to not have to have red thirst rule on them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, you need more Troops before you do anything. My advice? Get some Scouts and another Tactical Squad (or 2 even :blink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE] 20 tactical squads

Is that squads, or marines, because if its squads you've got over a company of space-marines and thats plenty, if not, I would get more tactical squads.

For tactics, I would have the devastator squads sit back in cover with the razor-back hull-down, the vindicare should also hang back and pick out independant characters, the callidus (nueral-flamer one) should deploy when your command squad and assault marines with the witch hunters arrive in thier rhinos, use the landspeeder as a fire-power magnet with a smoke-launcher down the flank, and charge the dread-naughts up into combat

good luck
    What doesn't kill you, cripples you for life

Whoever invented the Rubix Cube had a sick and twisted sense of humor

I will not eat oysters, i want my food dead, not sick, not wounded, dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

there are basically two ways to play sm's

1 concentrate your guys in one area (remembering your objective)
    this is best used when facing armies that have loads of bods in them so that they can't bring as much of their firepower to bear on you as they'd like but you can this is usually best when playing a take & hold/bunker assault/cleanse mission where you either deploy your heavy first or are the defender as this is usually reffered to as refused flanks. keep your fast attack (assault marines) in holding to be able to reinforce any unit in trouble or to plug any gaps that turn up.

2 the good old fashioned go get them.
    this is best used when victory points or holding table quarters is an issue & is best executed when you have enough troops to be able to effectively split your force into two smaller armies & you almost play with them as two seperate (but complementing) armies in their own right.

i usually find that the best plan is to attempt to incorporate as much as i can of both of these styles of play & allow for that little bit of flexibility in what i want each unit to do.

bye the way if its 20 squads you have the better part of 3 battle companies if it's 20 troops then you DEFINETLY need to buy more.
    WARMASTER of the SCHOLA PROGENIUM Alnwick Chapter (soon to be the world)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its 20 men, An di forgot to say i have 10 scouts. But i dont find Smace marine tactials squads goood at anything, just an odd rocket launcher and 4 bolters for 85 pts when you can have a drednought e.c.t instead.

Closed Thread