Which Assassin do you prefer to take and why? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Which Assassin do you prefer to take and why?

I know some of this may or may not change with the new rules coming out, but which assassin do you like to take, why and how do you like to use them?

To me the Vindicare and Callidus look useful, but I see a lot of people take Eversor in their lists, so I was just wondering.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say save yourself the points and field more GK, or even some Terminators. I've used a Vindicare Temple Assassin a few games, didn't do too well. Although there are people at my store who have great success with them. The few people that I know that use them go with the Vindicare most of the time, if just to single out models using heavy weapons or a squad sargeant.
    Grey Knights
    5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Eversor, he's the cheapest, can easily get a first turn charge, get's lots of attacks on the charge, and easily wounds any opponent with his special weapon...oh and he has melta bombs...and explodes upon dying...I think that's it
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

Well I only use the callidus or eversor assassin as I dont really find the others to be of any use. While the vindcare is cool and fluffy the calladis can do what he does and does it way better IMO. The eversor is more just a CC hq to me I except that he will die and just try to make his points back when he does which is almost never very hard to do. I have had him kill whole squads in one assault he can also take down fexes and wraithlords.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x4)

I'm a fan of the Eversor myself. He's the least expensive, and probably easiest to use assassin available to us. Seriously, he's fire-and-forget. Just line him up for a first-turn charge and watch the carnage =). He's great for big ugglies and low-save elites with his poisoned power weapon attacks, which is handy because storm-bolters struggle against big ugglies and low-save elites. I think he meshes quite well .

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Calidus Assasin.

First, you can deploy it ANYWHERE you want when it come available.
    Second, it's C'tan phase blade makes her usefull to strike at almost any unit
    Third, the Jump Back ability makes your assasin able to stall when getting overwhelmed, preventing from getting herself killed, so you can send reinforcements, or just annoy your opponent.
    Fourth, A Word In Your Ear... Wicked ability, being able to position enemy models any way you want Think about the possibilities like:
    * putting only one model hideously far into difficult terrain as possible, slowing the whole unit down.
    * Doing the above whyle also trying to break unit coherency rules. Note you are allowed to do this, focing your opponent to restore unit coherency, possible ruining at least 1 round of moving and maybe even shooting for the unit.
    * Put bike units in dangerous terrain, so they may kill themselves when they try to exit.
    * Move a tank to that it sits in the open with it's exposed back towards your lasscannons.
    * Clumping an infantry unit, so it just beggs to get shot with blast templates from your allies.
    * The only ability I know of next to Lash of Submissions and Pavane of Slanesh that allows me to touch my opponents models :party: That is some psychological stuff, almost eveyone hate their models being touched by anyone other then themselves
    Tyranids Win [31]/ Draw [0]/Lost [0]
    Daemon Hunters Win [17]/ Draw [2]/ Lost [1]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=232

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Like Hasten said, I like the Eversor for blunt effectiveness. He's a hammer.
    But like Xilconic said, I also like the Callidus for her deviousness. She's a scalpel.

They both find their ways into my army lists.

I have no use whatsoever for the Vindicare. He's too situational (only useful for targeting squad upgrades, which not every army has or uses), and also relies too much on luck. (An average of just under 3 wounds per game for such an expensive model does not endear him to me.)

Similarly, I find the Culexus to be of limited utility. Obviously, he's great for attacking psykers, but he's not even as generally effective in combat as DCAs. I also think the idea of using him to lower LD to be of limited utility, too. Useful against some opponents, not at all against others. And even if he can be useful, you have to protect him so that he can get in close. Just too much finagling to make him worth it, usually.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Like Hasten said, I like the Eversor for blunt effectiveness. He's a hammer.
    Well, we are the Ordo Malleus, no? The hammer seems a fitting tool .

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Pedantic Englishman Wolf Lord Herby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

136 (x4)

Personally, it's the Eversor or the Vindicare.

Eversor is great games-wise. Cheap (relatively) and can mince its way through half an army given a decent chance.

Vindicare is generally worse, but is so cool I can't resist fielding him from time to time.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

I have the eversor since before we needed inquisotors and love him, for pretty much the reasons stated above (cheap, charges far w/ lots of attacks, blows up...).

I have been considering the Vindicare recently. Sure he only gets 6 shots but it is AP2 and he can shoot regardless of targeting restrictions. This would leave me to believe I can SHOOT INTO CLOSE COMBAT!

I also have run into alot of 'hidden' powerful weapons (20 traitor guard w/ 1 lascannon or 20 cultists w/ 1 power weapon).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast