Am I right to be proud?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    I was very, VERY drunk. thechaplain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x3)

Am I right to be proud??

I was just wondering - am I right to be proud of my Baneblade?

Is it particularly well modeled? I hear you cry. Well, to be honest, no - not really. I'm not really a whizz at such things, but it's put together solidly and looks like a BB should.

So it must have an amazing paint job! No, not really - I'm not amazing at painting either. It doesn't look bad, mind - it's got a Commissariat crew, so I did it black with red tiger stripes and gun muzzels. It's also got gold and siver detail. But it's not going to win Golden Daemon. It still looks pretty cool on the tabletop, of course.

Well then you must have done some major conversions! Again - no. I bought the Commissar Tank Commander from Forgeworld and he looks pretty damn good as the Tank Commander, but that's it.

So it's won battles for you? Well, yes and no. It's pretty damn effective in apocalypse battles and hasn't failed me yet, but it's not going to win anything on it's own.

So why are you so proud of it?? Put simply - I'm not sure! I certainly put alot of time and effort into making it and painting it. But loads of people have a BB now and it's really nothing special among them. But still - I smile a proud little smile when I see it. After all - it's everything the Guard normally isn't - strong, well protected, packing enormous individual fire-power and insanely difficult to kill. The sight of it plodding along with my 2 full platoons makes me feel very optimistic about the battle, whatever the chances and it is, without a doubt, my centerpiece.

Am I just being silly? Do other people feel the same way about an item of their army? Does anyone else have BB syndrome?

NOTE: This thread is a bit of fun - I don't want to marry my baneblade or anything, I'm just a bit pleased with it

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

The BB is just an awesome kit, tank, model, etc. Nothing wrong with being proud of it in every way. I haven't yet got a Baneblade, mainly because I don't have the cash and I'm also a little intimidated by putting it together and painting it.
    Takka n' Wakka's Dakka Attacka! 33W / 6L / 1D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I know exactly how you feel I'm no painter or modeller and if any one else had my models they might even be embarrassed. But when I look over at my Blood Angels, I fill with pride its all my work and its taken me ages to give them my own touch.

A Baneblade must be an even greater sight so enjoy it and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I think this is part of the fun of Warhammer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

136 (x3)

Well thank you both kindly - I'm really glad I'm not the only one!

And as to the whole painting and modelling - yeah it is a bit hard! It was a weekend job to put it together and took a weeks solid work to paint. On the bright side, it does come with relatively comprehensive instructions (highly unusual for GW vehichles, I know!) so that wasn't as much of an issue as it might have been.

But as you can probably guess - I would reccomend it for everyone! Even drafted as a BA auxilliary...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I dont have a Bane Blade... yet. But I do love to look at pictures of them.

Sad, I hear you say.

Yeah, it is pretty sad, but at least you (thechaplain) have your own to look at... and yes, you should be proud of it.

I will be getting two of them for my apoc. army when I have time for more play and less work.
    It's worth a krak!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel the exact same way about my models. you build them, paint them, you pour your time and love into them. you give them life!

plus its the fact that its your imperfections on them, the ultimate personalization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x4)

I play guard and win, I have every right to be proud. Stupid Space Marines . . . but yeah the BB model is amazing, took me like 5 hours to put together and im yet to finish painting it. But im loving every second of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Ah... the Baneblade. Someday it will be mine. Until then, I can still be relevant to your question.

Yes, it is okay to be proud. I'm proud of the armies I've put together and painted, and even within that there are certain models that I'm especially proud of, namely my Creed and Kell models, my BT Assault Chaplain, and the Land Raider Crusader for them. Sometimes they perform really well and sometimes they don't, but I like 'em just the same.
    I think you need to spend more time on your floor.

2500 Black Templars
    7-3-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

136 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Plasma Catcher View Post
    I dont have a Bane Blade... yet. But I do love to look at pictures of them.

Sad, I hear you say.

Yeah, it is pretty sad, but at least you (thechaplain) have your own to look at... and yes, you should be proud of it.

I will be getting two of them for my apoc. army when I have time for more play and less work.
    Now two would be awsome - I always liked the idea of a Baneblade squadron - with either two or three - the punishment you could meet out would be scary...;? But thanks for the support man - good luck with finding your own BB nirvana!

Quote Originally Posted by sterlingmoth View Post
    I feel the exact same way about my models. you build them, paint them, you pour your time and love into them. you give them life!

plus its the fact that its your imperfections on them, the ultimate personalization.
    Wow - mine must be EXTREMELY personal! But seriously - I totally agree, it's really nice to see so many people with such a positive attitude. I always thought I was in a minority of one when it came to being less than 'Eavy Metal standard when it came to painting and modelling - it's really nice to see that this wouldn't count against me in you guys' eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Guant View Post
    I play guard and win, I have every right to be proud. Stupid Space Marines . . . but yeah the BB model is amazing, took me like 5 hours to put together and im yet to finish painting it. But im loving every second of it.
    Totally with you on that one - it is a bit of a mamoth job isn't it! And painting a BB ain't easy either...

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

138 (x6)

I have my banebalde, all made and undercoated... for about 4 months!!!

Im starting an IG army soon so il get it painted!!

I do have "bb" syndrome for my chaplin in terminator armour and his Termie Assault sqd, they are painted well to my ability and the bases have been done quite good, i love the models, the paint scheme and the fact they dish out so many power weapon attacks with re roll hits and wound with +1 st and +1 int on the charge!!!
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast