Battle Sisters Banner Bearer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Battle Sisters Banner Bearer

Wasn't sure where to post this.
    First, as new as I still am to this amazing hobby, I am just now getting the hang of G.W.'s predilection for discontinuing products without warning (I just started getting into BFG, so you know what I mean!)
    I have used Brazen Brass paint on my friends Chaos army as well as the pipes on my first Exorcist, intending, of course, to paint the second to match. . .that is after buying a new bottle of paint. Imagine my horror when I found that G.W. discontinued it? So, I am trying Vallejo Brassy Brass.
    As well, my hobby shop says that they can no longer get G.W.'s barbed wire. Yes I know, it could be made, but dammit, I have so much in the way of conversions going on now that I'm nuts from it.
    LAST THING: I guess that they no longer make the Battle Sisters Banner Bearer that I see in photos in the Witch Hunters Codex? I don't see one listed on any of the online stores, either!
    DOES ANYBODY HAVE ONE THAT THEY WOULD BE INTERESTED IN SELLING?
    PLEASE? I'll be your best friend! I'll name my next kid after you8X

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

They still have the two imagafiers. Sisters Standard Bearers
    Also, I still see brazen brass on their website. metallic paints
    Also, barbed wire. razor wire
    Last edited by frozencore; May 31st, 2008 at 10:39.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by frozencore View Post
    They still have the two imagafiers. ]
    True, but the Imagifers carry the Simulacrum Imperialis which allows the inclusion of a third die in Tests of Faith (the 'roller' choosing the best two.) Yeah, that's a goodie, no doubt.
    But. . .
    The Sacred Banner makes the unit Fearless & may ignore Morale & pinning tests.
    Plus, there's nothing like the sign of your flag leading the charge, whether it was the Roman Eagle standard or the Star Spangled Banner yet waving. Think of how, when the flag was shot off the pole at Fort Sumter, a soldier shinnied up and replaced it.
    Gotta love it!
    P.S. Thanks so much for the tip on the razorwire. . .you saved the day and get a rep!
    Last edited by Sartorious; May 31st, 2008 at 12:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Sartorious View Post
    Wasn't sure where to post this.
    First, as new as I still am to this amazing hobby, I am just now getting the hang of G.W.'s predilection for discontinuing products without warning (I just started getting into BFG, so you know what I mean!)
    I have used Brazen Brass paint on my friends Chaos army as well as the pipes on my first Exorcist, intending, of course, to paint the second to match. . .that is after buying a new bottle of paint. Imagine my horror when I found that G.W. discontinued it? So, I am trying Vallejo Brassy Brass.
    As well, my hobby shop says that they can no longer get G.W.'s barbed wire. Yes I know, it could be made, but dammit, I have so much in the way of conversions going on now that I'm nuts from it.
    LAST THING: I guess that they no longer make the Battle Sisters Banner Bearer that I see in photos in the Witch Hunters Codex? I don't see one listed on any of the online stores, either!
    DOES ANYBODY HAVE ONE THAT THEY WOULD BE INTERESTED IN SELLING?
    PLEASE? I'll be your best friend! I'll name my next kid after you8X
    NOOOOO!!!!! They're discontinuing Brazen Brass??!?! I use it on everything . I'll have to buy a stockpile of that as well as the old washes now. Goddamit why won't they stop discontinuing things that people actually use and like??
    My blog - http://wingsofsanguinius.blogspot.com
    Been here nearly 10 years and still haven't managed 500 posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lietatus View Post
    NOOOOO!!!!! They're discontinuing Brazen Brass??!?! I use it on everything . I'll have to buy a stockpile of that as well as the old washes now. Goddamit why won't they stop discontinuing things that people actually use and like??
    Hang on. . .A week or so ago one of the members of the Warhammer group that I belong to and I went to the hobby shop for some 'supplies', including Brazen Brass. They were out (wouldn't you know it?) I never thought to ask about it, we just left. Well, we went back again, day before yesterday, and on finding them still out, my friend asked 'what's what?'The clerk--a guy who's worked there for sometime now swore that G.W. was phasing it out.
    After posting the situation here, i came online this a.m. and frozencore's post provided a link to the online store where the 'blessed brass' is apparently still for sale.
    I have no idea what to make of this. All I can say is: 'Where's a red shirt with aloose tongue when you need 'em?'

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

That mini isn't too hard to find. Just set up a eBay notification on 'sister 40k' and you'll find her. Make sure you're including worldwide hits to get sellers in the UK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorAffe View Post
    That mini isn't too hard to find. Just set up a eBay notification on 'sister 40k' and you'll find her. Make sure you're including worldwide hits to get sellers in the UK
    Bless you, my child!

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

My understanding is that the Battle Sisters Banner Bearer is only a Sister holding a large pole, therefore its up to the player do make their own flag/banner/whatever for it.

Being as that's what I have, and I almost never play more than 1850 points, I'd be more than willing to trade it for another model, or sell it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian MalSeraph View Post
    Being as that's what I have, and I almost never play more than 1850 points, I'd be more than willing to trade it for another model, or sell it.
    Are you saying that yours is a conversion or the original out of the blister pack? If it's the original, I'd love to buy it.
    And btw, I thought you checked out? Welcome. . .missed you!

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Sartorious View Post
    Are you saying that yours is a conversion or the original out of the blister pack? If it's the original, I'd love to buy it.
    And btw, I thought you checked out? Welcome. . .missed you!
    Nope, this is straight from the blister.

Yeah, I did check out awhile, but I'm back, and I've learned quite a few things about my Sisters that I'd really like to start sharing.

+ Reply to Thread