Any tips or tricks against NURGLE? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any tips or tricks against NURGLE?

Hello my brothers and sisters of the emperor,

The other day i playing my friend with his newly built nurgle. Not knowing what i was getting myself into i was said sure!

Now i cannot possibly win against something that has feel no pain. I have the hardest time with it. I would shoot my bolters, heavy bolters, the whole weaponry. No matter what i had, no matter how many bolter shots went into them, it was oh no i failed my 3+ save. Oh no worries feel no pain makes it all better! Yay i am saved.

Everytime that happens I felt like i was going to cry!

He leaves his sorcerer as an independent character and stays behind, while his plauge marines are having a heyday ripping me to shreds thanks to the feel no pain.

and then they have fearless.

Is there any possible tactic that can beat nurgle? Is there any possible chapter that can beat nurgle or be like them?

Note: I am vanilla marines until i find a chapter that really fits me and my tactics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For the emperor: Your Emperor

I am nilla marines until i find a chapter that fitrs me.

Last edited by YourEmperor; June 3rd, 2008 at 01:07.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if im not mistaken shots at double toughness which is still 8 for nurgle negate feel no pain and also power weapons and power fists in cc. so i would load up on lascannons or missle luanchers and lots of good cc with pw or fists. nurgle costs alot so u should have double their numbers which in assult is nice cause it force them to make saves also.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Anything you would ordinarily use to combat MEQ armies should do the trick here. You might also find that using some Power Fist wielding infantry will make it rough on your opponent; power weapons (and equivalents) negate Feel No Pain, if I recall correctly, so just toss some of those units into him and see what happens. Missile Launchers, Meltaguns, Lascannons, Plasma Guns, these should all make your day easier. Read up on the rules for Nurgle (ask him to borrow the codex for a few minutes, so you can see what you're up against) as well as the rules for Feel No Pain to see what best ways you can counter it while staying true to your list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Maybe try a Vindicator or two? Nurgle or no Nurgle, nothing gets up again very quickly after a Demolisher Cannon is done with them.

Also, maybe some allies are in order. Sisters get to play with all sorts of Melta weapons and the like that ought to be really handy for punching through FnP... And Grey Knights? Grab some Termies - S6 power weapons on every trooper dishes out some serious hurt in a hurry. Or maybe an Inquisitor and an Eversor Assassin - he's packing power weapons and enough raw awesome to mulch entire squads in one strike, plus even if they do kill him, he blows up in their faces!
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

I hate to break it to you, but nothing beats Plague Marines I happen to play them and marines..and trust me..only DEldar can do it with any effectiveness Though if you don't mind being a bit on the cheesy side: 3 dev squads with 4x Missiles will do in those squads in a flash Plz don't sad face... Whatever works man.

Peace:happy:
    JOIN MY SQUAD IN THE SONS OF THE LIBRARIUM THREAD, I NEED TACTICAL MARINES! I PLAN TO CONVERT UP A SQUAD TO "COUNT AS" LoTD IN MY SMarine ARMY

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

If you can wait a month, 5th Edition is going to seriously nerf FNP, plasma guns will ignore it, for example, so Plasma Gun / Cannon squads will come in supremely handy as will Plasma Cannon Devstators.

Until then, Vindicators would definitely be a boon as Wraith said, a unit of Assault Terminators with Lightning Claws would mince through Death Guard if used properly (re-roll wounds helps against T5 and they ignore the FNP) (or for that matter normal Terminators - the torrent of fire plus powerfist attacks in hand to hand equals win) but they can be hard to deliver!

A Dreadnought could also be your friend here, as they can lock them in Assault and the Death Guard would stand little chance of hurting it unless they knew in advance to take a Hidden Powerfist.

I haven't played against Nurgly types much as my marines, last game I played was with my guard, 3 squads of Death Guard vs 3 Leman Russ Battlecannons came out a win for the good guys :-P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I wish I had something more constructive to add.

All I can really do is agree with the others. I haven't seen the 5th ed FNP rules yet but if plasma ignores it now then stock up

Vindicators work a treat. I completely agree with everyone who has already said this.

Dreadnoughts I think do work. But I can't remember the last time I saw a plague marine squad without a PF (well, conflict, but the plague marines were there as a compulsory troop choice that wouldn't die) and if they do have a powerfist my money is on the plague marines as they don't have to go through other men before beating the powerfist, and you always have to kill them to the last as they are fearless.
    So be careful with the dread, rending before 5th ed will work rather well on them though as they only get the FNP save. 5th ed I don't know how thats gonna pan out as you won't rend as often but should still be decent.

A chaplain with jump pack and twin LC's is 135pts and if your takes 5 man squads this guy will take one. If you use templar, like me, then hes 140 and give him a holy orb, 150, more than worth it. Use him on his own, hes a counter charge god against plague marines.

Other than that everything the others have said is right in my opinion.
    "I have dug my grave in this place and I will either triumph or I will die!" Reclusiarch Grimaldus

"Those I cannot crush with words I will crush with the Tanks of the Imperial Guard!" Lord Solar Macharius

"Hear Me Inquisitor Ordinary. Obey me. I am of the Malleus!" Inquisitor Jaq Draco

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Castellan Green View Post
    A chaplain with jump pack and twin LC's is 135pts and if your takes 5 man squads this guy will take one. If you use templar, like me, then hes 140 and give him a holy orb, 150, more than worth it. Use him on his own, hes a counter charge god against plague marines.
    I've though of this as well, re-rolling to hit (on the charge) and to wound and ignoring armour and feel no pain... it's the stuff to get plague marines sweating (though they probably were anyway)! Bung him in a squad of Assault Marines and throw in a Sergeant with PF for extra damage if necessary, and bob's your uncle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

no. I know what your saying...but...

If you add in the assault squad now then he can be shot at from the start. I usually would put him in one but in this case have the assault squad only if you have the points. And be very select with them

This guy is an IC, if hes not the closest target you can pick him out, meaning only ever send him forward as a coutner charge. The assault squad does work but it makes him a very very juicy target. whereas on his own he can be hidden and sprung on the enemy and they will be gutted
    If you have the points I'd even give him termy honours before adding an extra marine as it makes him more likely to kill a 5 man squad (which, just about pays his points actually)
    Funnily enough you don't wanna wipe them out straight away all the time though, as if you do your most likely a sitting target.

The assault marines is a good idea but i can see flaws with it. The best time I saw a guy like that perform was when he came on from reserve in a foot slogger army and he just pinged about over the board mopping up pieces beautifully, but he has other uses.
    I can see a model like this being just what the doctor ordered against plague marines but be wary of powerfists and even power weapons but not so much as pf's

You'll look like (for want of a better word) an imbecile if you send your chaplain into a squad singlehanded for him to die.
    "I have dug my grave in this place and I will either triumph or I will die!" Reclusiarch Grimaldus

"Those I cannot crush with words I will crush with the Tanks of the Imperial Guard!" Lord Solar Macharius

"Hear Me Inquisitor Ordinary. Obey me. I am of the Malleus!" Inquisitor Jaq Draco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Devestaters with Multi-meltas to kill them outright, though I prefer Plasma Cannons myself and apparantly in 5th ed they will negate Feel no Pain as well.

Also what you could do is have a 10 man assault squad with 3 plasma pistols and a power weapon...expensive yes, but also VERY deadly. Especially if you throw in a Chaplain to reroll misses on the first turn of combat assuming you get the charge (you should be anyways seeing as your twice as fast as those foot sloggers).

Plasma weapons FTW!
    Last edited by Duncan; June 4th, 2008 at 01:35.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast