What changes are you making to your Witch Hunters lists and strats with 5th Ed. rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What changes are you making to your Witch Hunters lists and strats with 5th Ed. rules

Hey, I was wondering what kind of changes you all are making to your armies with the new rulebook. I personally espect to see a lot more troops out there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i plan on covering the entire table with books of st. luc

probably get like two more canoness.

other than that probably nothing, until i actually see how my 5e game this week plays out instead of just reading the new rulebook that they have at the game store
    when it rains it pours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why more troops?
    i tought the tanks were going to be more dificult to damage?
    so i would expect more tanks, since we don`t get any better at CC.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

I'm hoping that with the addition of Run my Arco Flagellants will be coming down off the shelf, but otherwise not much will change. 5th Ed is buffing up Rhino armies pretty heavily. The Exorcist only has one gun anyway, so the changes to defensive weapons don't hurt it much. The change to Hit & Run will make my tank hunting seraphim less effective, but I don't think that will influence my list building right away. Will have to see how it goes. I'm also still unclear if it's an I test or an I roll-off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

More Battle Sister Squads in Rhinos.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by theodoris View Post
    why more troops?
    i tought the tanks were going to be more dificult to damage?
    so i would expect more tanks, since we don`t get any better at CC.
    Only troops count for capturing objectives in 5th.

It is an init test for "hit and run."

Overall my list won't change too much, if at all. I am a little miffed at the fact that troops can run just about as fast a rhino, but the fact that unit can't consolidate into a new unit after a combat means more enemies out in the open for rapid fire bolters.

Gonna try Sisters out without any list changes first, as I thought 5th would make a huge difference with my eldar list and it really didn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I currently run 2 units of Celestians because i consider them a bargain for 2 pts a model over our troops and when I throw a Cannoness in a squad i can do some real damage in close combat, but with troops only being able to take objectives I think I'll be taking 4 units of battle sisters just to be competitive. Much to my dismay...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have noticed a bunch of people are saying that Rhinos are becoming less useful in 5ed because infantry runs almost as fast. On the other hand, Rhinos are a bit tougher to crack (needing str6 to nail it on the front and sides) and if it gets imobilized, the troops can just hop out and bolt it the rest of the way. The only real deciding factor for Mech sisters is how many to kit out for close range/mid range and how many should get mounted (it sounds so dirty...).

I think that I'll include an immolator with maxed out flamers for sheer firey annoyance, a couple of Rhino squads, a tank-hunting Sera squad (they look too cool and are handy in a fight) and dump the rest of the points on a pair of Exorcists and maybe some allied guardsmen in Chimeras to add more flamey irritation and variety.

Finally, a question, can sisters get an allied Hellhound, or do they have to count as a chimera with a heavy flamer?

-That is all
    Asking for suggestions without knowing what you're planning on doing is like asking a blind man what color shirt matches your eyes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

No Hellhounds for Sisters...

+ Reply to Thread