Basilisk And Mortar Tactics - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually play a lot against eldar and tau, and they can be really irritating with their hit and run tactics, and so I started to think, what is the most irritating thing with the guard?

guess weapons, there is nothing more frustrating than not beeing able to fire at such a deadly weapon, but before buying any mortars or basilisks, I would like some tactics on how to use the, in conjunction with each other, scattered or in mass?

Quote Originally Posted by Daviszko
    Guardsman 173rd, those are incredible - you've impressed me and my friend who I linked it to. Nice work!!
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxjyl1j1r4s
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxveyxdfp4
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihz6s11k5ao

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Well, I'm not sure I totally understand the question, however, I can make a couple of recommendations.

My first recommendation is to go with the basilisk. It's incredibly cheap for how destructive it can be. It's drawback is the 2d6 scatter that it takes when you can't see the target.

My second recommendation is to skip the Griffon and Mortars. Mortars are pretty weak and rarely kill anything, unless you play against Nids all the time, and the Griffon isn't in the codex anymore so you technically have to ask your opponents permission to use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dono if I side with hour glass on this one, a basilisk is pretty deadly but eldar have loads of skimmers and tau have those nasty seaker missles so your basilisk might not stay hidden to long. I like the idea of mortars. If you can hide a Mortar team in the center of a 12' diamiter hill I have a felling the'll stay alive for the whole game. But i wouldn't go nuts with them because like it's been stated many times befor on this board Mortars don't kill space marines!
    "you don't under stand, my empathy for you could fit in a match box, with the matches in it"

Closed Thread