Shrouding Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shrouding Question

If a squad of Grey Knights is in front of some IG allies, or an inquisitor or something w/o shrouding, but they're not blocking LOS, does the thing behind them get shrouding?

I'll show what I mean

IG IG IG
    GK GK GK GK

^ ^ ^
    | | |
    BAD GUYS BAD GUYS

One squad of Grey knights within 2" of each other, but can be seen past. The rules don't say that the guys behind them get shrouding (and my first guess is that they don't)

However, shrouding is supposed to be a cloud of psychic fog essentially. It doesn't matter if you shoot past the cloud or into it, it would have the same effect on one's vision. Here's hoping and here's a monkey

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Unfortunately for the IG in question, they receive no benefit from the Shrouding. For them to receive it, there would have to be a rule allowing it. Since no such rule exists, it's open season on the Guardsmen in question =).

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I thought so. Shrouding would be pretty damn kickass if they changed that. Gotta do some unique maneuvering to keep the GK's in front of the heavy weapon teams from things that are far away and not in front of them for things that are close by (so they can still fire their lascannons without giving 4+ saves)

hrmmm..... good thing IG comes with tons of extra bodies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, nothing gain benfit from shroud unless they are GK's, even with GK's as a meatshield infront of them.

At the very least they would have to make a ld ship test to shoot your IG, plus in 5th your IG will get a 4+ cover save.

+ Reply to Thread