Camo Marines? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Camo Marines?

  1. #1
    Senior Member sultansean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    286
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

    Camo Marines?

    Ok So I don't actually play Marines, but with the new starter set that's coming out, I'm thinking about realizing an idea I had for camo marines. I'd give them they trait "see but don't be seen" cause i think it's fluffy, chapter fluff would be sort of like night lords/ commando-navy seals.

    Anyways just wondering If anyone had painted their marines in camo, and what people thought of the idea.

    cheers


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    12,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    830 (x8)

    The Doctor (name on these forums) has some camo-painted Marines, they look pretty spiffy. However, I'd suggest you rethink your idea for See But Don't Be Seen; the Marine codex is going to be redone soon after 5th edition is released, and Traits are being done away with.

  4. #3
    Member monkeigh sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Under a proposed hyperspace bypass.
    Posts
    96
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    7 (x1)

    I'm mildly bummed to see the traits go away. I guess it offers an opportunity to sell many new codexes.
    I LOVE the smell of promethium in the morning!

  5. #4
    Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

    Quote Originally Posted by sultansean View Post
    Ok So I don't actually play Marines, but with the new starter set that's coming out, I'm thinking about realizing an idea I had for camo marines. I'd give them they trait "see but don't be seen" cause i think it's fluffy, chapter fluff would be sort of like night lords/ commando-navy seals.

    Anyways just wondering If anyone had painted their marines in camo, and what people thought of the idea.

    cheers
    I hope the guy who put these up doesn't mind me posting this link: camo marines


    They were one of the awesome armies at Arcanacon in Melbourne last January - can't wait 'till the next tournament, hopefully my 'Fists will be ready by then (if not, its the old Skitarii again )
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

    Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

  6. #5
    Senior Member sultansean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    286
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

    Well the loss of traits is not that big of a deal for me, because I haven't started yet. Hopefully they replace them with something that allows as much army customization. After seeing those pics I really want to do this, the guy did an awesome job. Although I think I will do a lighter coloured camo to make the models look less busy.
    Thanks for the replys.

  7. #6
    LO's Resident Time Lord Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New England, USA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,270
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadaver Junkie View Post
    I hope the guy who put these up doesn't mind me posting this link: camo marines


    They were one of the awesome armies at Arcanacon in Melbourne last January - can't wait 'till the next tournament, hopefully my 'Fists will be ready by then (if not, its the old Skitarii again )
    Wow... that's just... wow. I'm almost speechless. The lenses have the most realistic glow effect I've ever seen. Truly stunning. I'm impressed! That first bunch of scouts is first-rate, too. Who knew how useful a simple head swap would be?
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

    Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

    The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

    Peace, through superior firepower.

  8. #7
    Kut Maar Krachtig Zema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,014
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

    Many people say that camo for marines is unfluffy, but i think that many chapters would use it, it is, after all, a pretty good idea in many wartime situations to not be seen.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #8
    Member Fleebster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Norwich, A Fine City.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    11 (x1)

    I pretty good idea. Maybe you could have different Camo Designs for different squads, such as Tactical Squads, Assault squads, Devestator Squads, e. t. c.
    I Bring You Grains Of Truth!



  10. #9
    Member dan1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Derby, UK
    Age
    30
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    21 (x1)

    camo marines would be very fluffy, and be going back towards the old rogue trader days, where most chapters used to paint their armour dependant on the campaign they were fighting, although thay still had a codex colour they wore otherwise.

    In the old fluff i believe it was the red scorpions who ALWAYS painted thei armour for every campaign, and frowned upon the chapters who only did it occasionally. If you can get hold of a copy of rogue trader, it could provide lots of inspiration.
    Back in the zone!

  11. #10
    Egg Head Miniatures:fbook And Justice For All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    963 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by dan1986 View Post
    camo marines would be very fluffy, and be going back towards the old rogue trader days, where most chapters used to paint their armour dependant on the campaign they were fighting, although thay still had a codex colour they wore otherwise.

    In the old fluff i believe it was the red scorpions who ALWAYS painted thei armour for every campaign, and frowned upon the chapters who only did it occasionally. If you can get hold of a copy of rogue trader, it could provide lots of inspiration.

    Those indeed where the days. So much good stuff in Rogue Trader!

    And yea, most chapters did indeed paint their armour accordingly. After all they are meant to be 'THE' refinement of military prowess and cunning.

    If I ever get round to it I'm going to pint some of mine in an urban camo pattern. Might do it with the new Vets and some new scouts. Will look good along side the black/grey that my chapter has adopted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts