GKTermies in chimera - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

GKTermies in chimera

okay, I've seen this hinted at in other posts and on other forums, have any of you DH veterans seen/read enough to make a call for 5th edition? Will GKTerms be able to crowd into a Chimera and shuttle up to the front? Right now the Chimera is a little too expensive (compared to the rhino) and even weaker since you expose your weak flank once you move. I'm just wondering if I should stick with the chimera or get some rhinos.

Or if I should just play IG and have some DH termies join their army. Then I can make my chimeras hellhounds.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member image vertification sux's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats an intresting idea you've brought up. I feel like a dig at the chimera too at bs 3 she always misses
    Personally i would believe chimera are built as fire bases, therfore it wouldnt be cost effective to move 12" reducing your firepower, and as you also point out that they will use their side armour which will be really bad when i want to storm my chimera forward then fire out the top with everything i have inside (now shes open topped on side armour)
    I'm also considering rhinos from that point of view, but you can always use your smokes when you move, which in case you wouldnt fire at full power anyway, and wouldnt be destroyed in 5th editon glancing table, unless you get all weapons destroyed. etc. etc.
    Edit: If you do this, your men wont be able to fire inside, but instead you can jump out and gain the advantages under smoke of 5+ cover save?
    I'm split personally.
    Last edited by image vertification sux; June 30th, 2008 at 18:41.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x7)

well, my terminators have never let me down. The PAGK continually let me down (can't roll 3+ armor saves apparently), can't move and shoot as well, and don't get any bonuses for assualting. So I was thinking about either running a IG army with GKTermies or a DH army with InqStorm Troopers who can take chimeras, if the chimera can transport terminators. The way it is worded, makes it sound like you could load up 6 terminators in a chimera (keep it cheap with a heavy flamer, extra armor and smoke) Lunge forward and pop smoke, if your chimera survives, next turn move it up and let your guys out to shoot stuff with psycannons and stormbolters and now the enemy has tons of terminators in their battle lines and 2 chimeras blasting heavy flamers on everyone. If the chimera doesn't survive, your guys don't get pinned ever so they can still foot-slog and shoot stuff.

But if terminators can't ride in chimeras, I'll maybe just play IG and convert my chimera into a hellhound like I said, and ally some GKTerminators into the army to help with close combat. Either that, get another landraider/LRC and play that kind of DH army.

Senior Member image vertification sux's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also worried about my pagk, but their assault range 24 meaning you can move and shoot. (full range) As for assaulting, they constantly get 2 ws 5 strength 6 attack which isnt bad! And it stops your opponent charging you which is more important, unless your in cover.
    As for chimera, use LRC instead they can deliver 8 terminators, in assault its more than enough if used right (with frag grenades)!
    personally i dont think there is any kind of daemonhunter army with all the options available.
    And no you cant ride terminators in chimeras, well i dont think so.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Yes, GKTs can take rides in Chimeras. Dedicated transports are now no longer restricted to carrying just the unit with which they were purchased. Any vehicle can transport any legally eligible unit. (Assassins are an example of units that are never eligible to be transported. Also, models in terminator armour are prohibited from riding in Rhinos. Etc....)

The only restriction with a dedicated transport is that only the unit with which it was purchased may begin the game embarked inside it. Other than that, the sky's the limit.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Yes, GKTs can take rides in Chimeras. Dedicated transports are now no longer restricted to carrying just the unit with which they were purchased.
    That might make the Chimeras that come with Armored Fist squads a bit more interesting. Maybe I'll pick a couple up .

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Hasten: Good point

I know my IST are gonna find a GK boot kicking them out of their rhinos

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x7)

that's what I was trying to find out. Our chimeras specifically state a line about carrying terminators (inquisitor chimeras anyway) so I was wondering if my armored fist unit could donate theirs.

For their price, my ISTs outperform the PAGK everytime.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by buckero0 View Post
    For their price, my ISTs outperform the PAGK everytime.
    Wha?! You must be joking! Not that ISTs aren't worthy Troops but I think such a statement says more about your preferred playing style than about the inherent capabilities of the units in question.

Speaking for myself, I'll take 200 pts of PAGKs (a simple vanilla squad of 7 men) over 203 pts of mounted ISTs (9 men, 2x plasma, Chimera w/extra armour & smoke) any day.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread