Psycannons And Army Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

I've just started a daemonhunters army, and i was wondering what units will be good to start off with?, i currently only have a few GK termies, but i'm gonna buy a few GK troops soon.

Once i have an army up and running, i need some suggestions on how to kill things like monoliths. My necron-toting friend has informed me that he's gonna deep strike his monolith right into the middle of my army, giving me a real problem to deal with. How should i cope with something like that?

Also, in the necron codex, it states that wraiths and c'tan hav 4+ invun. saves but doesn't mention armour saves. does that mean that incinerators or psycannons will deny them their save?

On page 19 in the daemonhunters codex in the terminator entry it says something like "having been trained to use these suits to their full potential, grey knights get one more attack on their profile than normal" but they only have 2 attacks like your average terminator. is this a misprint?

Thanks for any help,

Daz

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Also, in the necron codex, it states that wraiths and c'tan hav 4+ invun. saves but doesn't mention armour saves. does that mean that incinerators or psycannons will deny them their save?
    Yup! Also psycannon bolts, which you can give to your Justicars/GK heros, do the same.

i need some suggestions on how to kill things like monoliths
    You don't. There are very few things in the DH armoury that can take out heavy vehicles, and if the necron player takes the living metal upgrade (I think thats what it it...), the extra die rolls on things like chainfists don't happen. I mean, lascannons and multimeltas and such are still good, but very had to kill a monolith with. Try and avoid the thing as much as possible. If he plans on DSing it into your army, make your entire army DS back on him! He'll have effectively moved his monolith out of the way!

I've just started a daemonhunters army, and i was wondering what units will be good to start off with?, i currently only have a few GK termies, but i'm gonna buy a few GK troops soon.
    If you're building a GK heavy army, which it looks like here, buy 5 or so Termies, one of which you can make a Grand Master or Brother-Captain for HQ. 15-20 GK in power armor for the core troops requirement. Another 15-20 GK to Deepstrike. A Dread or two for heavy weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wraiths also have +3 inbulnerable armour save....
    and only two? thats good enough. but termies have 3 dont they? cos theyve got termie honours from their suits...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Lith egnors 2D6 modifiers like with meltas or chainfists so the only tried and tested way to kill it is with high stregth guns (8 and up) and lots of them. The Gk will be no good but you could use a Grand Master with hammerhead.

Try this on for size..........take a quiz retinue with a normal quiz with 3 worriors with multimeltas, or just meltas, and a mystic. A single mystic can allow the retinue to take a free shot at any deep striking units that enter play 4D6 way from the retinue. Hell, if your that concerned about the lith, take two retinues. Also ty to fit in two sages in the retinue as they allow a hit re-roll and give BS5 to the quiz. Give the Quiz a power weapon and maybe a psycannon but he wont scratch the lith so build him as an anti troop guy.

If you take two mystics you can nominate another unit to fire for you, but as their are very few heavy guns in the deamonhunter force this may be a lost cause. It can work well with SM Devistator squads but that means no GK and no pure force.

Remember, the psycannon will egnor both wraith and c'tan saves because they are invulnerable.

Hope that helps.
    A Rhino? SLOTH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, thanks for all the help

I think when my army's more complete, i'll take him by suprise an attempt to psycannon his Nightbringer with a full purgation squad. If i'm lucky he wont see that cummin.

What about the amount of attacks a GK terminator should get? (see original post)
    I know they're meant to be brilliant in close combat.

In a muck about deathmatch game, i used a GM and a 1 terminator retinue and a squad of 5 GKs, my friend got 2 squads of chaos marines and a beefed up chaos lord. When my HQ an termie got into close combat, they together killed about 7 marines in the first round and wounded his HQ! they are rather hard

oh yeah, could you tell me exactly how to use the orbital strike thingy please? not quite sure on that one.

Thanks again fellas

Senior Member Brother-Captain Fenix's Avatar
    in my mind.........................................
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've gunned a night bringer down before it was one of the happiest days of my life :lol:

and termies in close combat? they OWN I dont know why you want them to have an additional attack they are good enuff

besides I'm sure that the reason is there in the fluffand the fluff of other termies is the same.
    I mean if you have a space marine chapter.....and termy armor is rarely made.... if at all.... then the people that are gonna use it should be trained the crap out of. so basically they all are really well trained to use the armor...... they dont want to lose a limited supply of a great weapon. grey knight or not

oh yeah and on the orbital strike you heres what ya do.......

first you target a terrain piece(a hill biulding or such) at the start of the battle
    then you role for its first landing kinda like rolling for reserves.......
    then as soon as it first lands it lands on ever turn there after.......
    plus dont forget to role for the scatter

and there ya go
    When cities burn and armies turn
    and flee in disarray,

Cowards will cry 'tis best to fly
    and fight another day,

But warriors know it in their marrow when they
    die and fall,

It is better to have fought and lost than not have
    fought at all.

Fenix's Titles!

the keeper of the stuff!
    the knower of werty!
    the master of the obvious!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the number of attacks: All "normal" models have 1 attack, stormtroopers, standard gray knights and terminators. Justicars, inquisitor lords and heroes may have aditional attacks.

if you give a model terminator armor he gains +1 attack. Since terminators always come in terminator armor (duh&#33 they have this extra attack added on their profile (the same with heroes since they also always wear terminator armor)
    If they charge, they gain 1 additional attack too, bringing standard terminators to 3 when charging.

Normal Gray Knights (in power armor) only have 1 attack, and +1 when charging (as any model). But then, Gray Knights in power armor have the "true grift" ability that gives them +1 attack if they DON'T assault.

So, this is how many attacks you get:
    Terminator Assaulting: 3
    Terminator Normal: 2
    Gray Knight Charging: 2
    Gray Knight Normal: 2

So, normal gray knights always have 1 attack more then it says on their profile, while terminator models only have 1 more if they charge.

This is the way it works, even if it seems stupid that standard gray knights have trained so much that they can use stormbolters in close combat, but the even more trained terminators can not.

Hope this clarifies everything.
    If not, read it again 3 times, and then ask again =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that makes sense, its just the wording in the codex implies (or at least i think it does) that they should have one extra still, oh well no problem.

As for the orbital strike, do you have to tell the other person where you've aimed it? and when do you decide? like before or after your ememy's placed his units on the board?

Senior Member Brother-Captain Fenix's Avatar
    in my mind.........................................
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes you have to tell him where you have placed it (I'm pretty sure )
    and you place it after he has put his units on the board

and there ya go
    When cities burn and armies turn
    and flee in disarray,

Cowards will cry 'tis best to fly
    and fight another day,

But warriors know it in their marrow when they
    die and fall,

It is better to have fought and lost than not have
    fought at all.

Fenix's Titles!

the keeper of the stuff!
    the knower of werty!
    the master of the obvious!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

You do NOT have to inform him where the Strike is placed until it starts raining down, that was answered in the FAQ. Mark it on a paper or something, I *think* after terrain but before deploy... But I'm 100% sure about the fact that you don't have to tell your opponent where it's hitting until you make a successful reserve roll for it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast