Am I Screwed? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I Screwed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Am I Screwed?

Well, I know I am probably not screwed, but I probably got a bit too charge happy with my debit card at the local hobby outlet and bought things seriously out of order. I am not even sure if I am going in the right direction, so I ask for guidance from you all, the more civilized and knowledgable LOers.

My question is, based on what I have, where should I place these models in my army?

Here is what I have bought so far:

1 Catachan Captain (Bolter, Powerfist)
    1 Catachan Officer (Powersword, Plasma Pistol)
    1 Catachan Officer (Laspistol, Powerfist)
    8 Catachan "Sergeants" (Close Combat Weapons a.k.a. the huge catachan machetes, Laspistols)
    22 Catachan Jungle Fighters (Lasguns)
    1 Catachan Lascannon Crew
    1 Basilisk

How can I incorporate these models into an army and keep building from there? I swear, once I get this all sorted out, I will shop more wisely and try to follow some sort of pattern!

Thanks!

Last edited by 343rd Mordian; July 1st, 2008 at 15:34. Reason: clarification

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Well to start put the captain in the HQ Platoon, then put 4 of the close combat weapon troops with him. (use this unit as counter charge)

then break up the 22 lasguns troops into 2 groups of 10 (2 left over) these will be the troops for Platoon A

use an officer as the troop platoon A commander and give him 4 of the close combat weapons...

Now you have 1 hq and 1 troop choice

Place the lascannon squad 1 of the troop squads

All this is off of my experience of codex: imperial guard, so if you are intending to use the catachan codex some of my advice may not be legal (i have never looked through codex catachan)

Since you need another troop choice you should probably get another box of troops
    Their is nothing wrong with a shopping spree
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not screwed

nothing too wrong here, can you still return some of your sergeants? unless you're going to pack 3 or so platoons in, you won't need the 10 characters. other than that, its all fine. basilisks are fun

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Your officers are fine. You can downgrade the powerfists in friendly games, most players won't care/notice if your officers just have a ccw instead of a WYSIWYG power fist.

The 8 sergeants with machetes I assume are the plastic models you can build with the IG kit. Just glue some lasguns on their backs and you're good to go as regular catachens.

The rest is fine. And actually that's not that many models. Looks like enough for a platoon with 3 squads attached. Shouldn't come out to more than about 300 points of IG, if that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup yer screwed, and I will tell you why. You bought Catachan models. Just Kidding

but u will need more minis.
    "The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"
    -Il Duce

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is, how big is your existing IG army? Cause if its big enough, you can use those catachans as a light infantry platoon. Also, if u are really good with greenstuff, or have some extra cloaks on hand, you could make the platoon some home-brew Gaunts Ghosts with cameleoline.

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

ok..so here goes..

Command HQ:

Captain and 4 Veterans (sergent minis)

Troops

Infantry Platoon1

HQ:

Officer and 4 troops (catachan troopers)

squad 1: Sarge, Lascannon team, 7 troops
    squad 2: Sarge, 9 troops

Heavy:

Basilisk

That will leave you with 2 troops and 2 sergeants left- I suggest your next purchase is the Catachans Battleforce, you can will then have a sentinel and enough troops to make another infantry platoon (with heavy weapons in all 4 squads) and enough spare troops to make at least a remnant squad for one of your platoons.

EDIT: totting it up its around 350 points (obviously that depends on vehicle upgrades, wargear for your officers etc) so if you add another platoon of 2 squads and an HQ to make it legal should bring you up to the 500 mark.
    Last edited by Sir Theobold the Lame; July 3rd, 2008 at 15:34.
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

+ Reply to Thread