Guide to 5th edition - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Guide to 5th edition

The B&C has posted a Guide to 5th Edition. (The Inquisition section was penned by your's truly. )

ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Sweet guide, n6, thanks! Goat-head thanks you as well:

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Senior Member image vertification sux's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow terribly disappointed in assassins Callidus is getting hit hard because for the eversor counter attack will only work with its high number of attacks, and its bio meltdown is great.
    Death cults can be only taken one at a time so who cares if she gets mobbed aslong as i dont have to take 200 saves im ok.
    Thanks for the guide, i looked at it all. Holocaust should work a bit better right?
    lol ghoat head

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Tried downloading twice :/ got errors both times... I'll try again

EDIT: Reporting back... still nothing tried loading and downloading it.. error error error... would anyone be able to FTP link me a version?
    Last edited by Lord Lucias; July 8th, 2008 at 07:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Harvey View Post
    Tried downloading twice :/ got errors both times... I'll try again

EDIT: Reporting back... still nothing tried loading and downloading it.. error error error... would anyone be able to FTP link me a version?
    http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/p...itionguide.pdf
    I'm not sure what a FTP link is but i hope this helps
    Perhaps you have your firewall blocking the PDF loading?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Thanks everyone
    Rep time again for the overview Number6.
    An 5th time a charm, I think its just the slow net, restricted due to over use of bandwidth

Now to read

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

FYI: The document is a "living" document, and I have one factual error that is going to be cleared up ASAP. (Iron Will means that the squad will take wounds as though Fearless, as Iron Will effects is covered by No Retreat!) So it may be worth checking back once in a while to see what gets corrected, changed, and added.

I'm glad y'all like it!
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, thanks for the article I thought it was good. Only factual thing I noticed was for the Land Raider (non crusader variety). According to the DH errata on the GW website, machine spirit is now working differently, and as far as I can tell you would now get 2 LC moving up to 6 inches at full BS, or 1 LC at 12 inches or shaken/stunned. And the extra can be at a different target. They also seem to count as assault vehicles which could prove quite useful. Do you think this makes LR more worth their points? Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Westwind View Post
    Hi, thanks for the article I thought it was good. Only factual thing I noticed was for the Land Raider (non crusader variety). According to the DH errata on the GW website, machine spirit is now working differently, and as far as I can tell you would now get 2 LC moving up to 6 inches at full BS, or 1 LC at 12 inches or shaken/stunned. And the extra can be at a different target. They also seem to count as assault vehicles which could prove quite useful. Do you think this makes LR more worth their points? Cheers.
    Well I don't thinkthey knew about the FAQso it needs updating really to the FAQ.
    No it doesn't make them worth more points it just means the old rules have been fixed. As to what i think on their ability, it makes them alot more versatile which Land Radiers are for, not just anti tank. Atleast thats what i think they are designed to be i.e. Space Marines are strong all round, but do not focus on one paticular area like firing or close combat.
    I might write like a ork but i fight like a poet.
    Some one tell me they have ever seen a nightbringer die from a Nemesis Force Weapon.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Westwind View Post
    Actually, I do think raiders can be worth their points. In 4th edition, it was all about maximizing your unit count in general. But in my 5th edition games so far, provided I have a solid core of Troops, I have much more freedom to take other units that I wouldn't have use so much of previously.

And land raiders are among them. We usually play 1750 pt games in my group, and I can totally afford a pair of raiders and 4 GK squads and some terminators, which is a list I would never have tried under 4th edition. It works out OK in 5th.

I just think the game dynamics have changed so much -- and for the most part, for the better -- that I've seriously rethought most of what I took for granted with this army.

+ Reply to Thread