Few questions about IG rules and Commander in CC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Few questions about IG rules and Commander in CC

First off does a mortar or any indirect fire unit for that matter have to be able to "see" a stealth suit team to fire on them. Secondly where can I find how mortars work in the rule book after reading a tactica on mortars I realized I have been doing them incorrectly. and Lastly does a Heroic Senior Officer count as just another member of his squad or can he be singled out as a IC? thanks for the help

Almost forgot with the HSO would you reccomend for CC a power sword or Power fist?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only requirements for the mortars is that the target unit must be in range and be able to be target. If it can't be target then choose another target close by and hope it will scatter onto the stealth unit. That will count.

The rules for mortars is under the multiple barrage section.

pg 38 of codex at the character section in the command squad it states what the officer is and how he operates as far as being an IC. IC can be singled out in CC.

I don't general find too much usage with a powerfist as that would make him strike last in a 5 man squad. The power weapon will atleast let him strike simo with MEQ.
    Where the heck did all them guardsmen come from?

Great Wolf! Is that the howl of the 13th?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1- When you fire at stealth suits if you scatter, you scatter twice as much.
    2- Mentionned above.
    3- Yes since he is an Independent caracter accompanied by a retinue.
    4- I personnaly take a power weapon since I can bolster HSOs initiative to 5 with close order drill. That and it costs less.
    Imperial Guard: 3000 pts
    Chaos Daemons: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mortars are indirect so you can fire at anything as long as you are within reach of the unit. when his retinue is alive he is part of the squad. once they die goes by himself and becomes an IC. i like the powerfist. strengh six is always good yeah u go last but ive killed termies with them.
    Traitors dine in heLL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer than powerweapon as well, fists are better hidden ie not on an IC, if you want the fist take a Commisar. + the fist is 4x more than the sword

"4- I personnaly take a power weapon since I can bolster HSOs initiative to 5 with close order drill. That and it costs less."

I thought the same as you with regards to close order dril. However it has been pointed out to me that close order drill is only useable by "standard infantry platoon and conscript infantry platoons"

+ Reply to Thread