chapters with new codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chapters with new codex

I'd like to start painting up a SM army so that I'll be close to ready when the new codex comes out in october. I'm currently deciding between salamanders and imperial fists.

Will the new codex have any effect on which of these armies would be more competitive or more flexible? I've heard rumors that the special characters can be played "counts as" for any chapter, so that wouldn't seem to matter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Salamanders are getting what I think is the most overpowered character yet.
    Not sure on the fists front.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

I suspect you are going to see a LOT of new salamander players. That fact in itself might steer some people away from the chapter. What was it about the Salamanders and the Imperial Fists that attracted you? The paint scheme? The cool weapon or force organization options? A cool special character?

For painting, I suspect painting a yellow army would be very challenging. More than painting green. I think the Salamanders new rules will make them very tough!
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Heres summary of the Sallie character.

Vulkan Estan: He is the ex-4th Salamander Company Captain and is a kind of wandering champion. He has almost Inquisition-like leverage over the Salamander Chapter, as his task is to seek out and recover nine holy relics made by Vulkan before he disappeared. If all nine are recovered, it is said Vulkan will return. Estan has recovered the following three and uses them:
    Salamander Hide Cloak,
    Gauntlet which counts as a Heavy Flamer and allows re-rolls to wound.
    Spear of Vulkan is a S6 master crafted power weapon.

Estan allows any and all Salamanders in the army to replace their Combat Tactics special rule with a Salamanders version; they get Master Crafted Thunder Hammers for free. All Melta/flamer weapons in the army, no matter their source, count as twin linked – also for free.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm interested in both the salamanders and the imperial fists because they are founding chapters and they have cool paint schemes. Salamanders will be easier to paint, but I've painted up a squad of Imp fists and it looks good also.

If I do make salamanders, I just won't use the special character in friendly games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with everyone else the salamanders are becoming powerful but that's just because of that character but without it it's almost like an ultramarines chapter just straight from the codex, which is still good. I'ts also a matter of taste whether you like the look of green or yellow marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone heard if the Sallies will get the Heavy Flamer for Tac Squads?
    Yes, there are female marines and my Sunhawks will let you know in a major way.

Not all the Emperors Children turned coat. We will redeem our name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

He's got to collect 9 peices before Vulcan will return?

What the hell?!

So while his battle brothers are suffering on the front lines defending humanity from the alien and insane, this dude has some kind of delusion that he's playing an RPG and needs to collect stuff?

Wow...
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could always make your own chapter based on a mix of the colour schemes between the Imp F's and the Salls that could end out pretty good
    making; Land Raider Wildfire
    painting; Gruesome death competetion figures

Space Marine chapter Emporers Swords

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

The Fists are, true to their nature, doing everything the hard way and are getting only one special character, Lysander. Of course, his rules are significantly neutered from the previous edition.

They are still both some of the rarer armies out there. Everyone loves the Fists, but no one likes painting yellow. No one knows the Salamanders.

The Crimson Fists' special character, Master Pedro Kantor is going to be a very nice one and I suspect there will be a resurgence of Crimson Fists players in a short time.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

+ Reply to Thread