Starting Death Korp of Kreig - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting Death Korp of Kreig

hi guys,..

i plan to build an new army,..Death Korp of Kreig

do you have any suggestions ?... for a 1000 points... planning an army with a whole lot of bullets
    i really need help... i am used to play ork...
    i know it going to be totally different..

thanks!

' Let's be Honest, Orks Don't Care Who They Fight With '

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Well, my main suggestion is dont waste your money on the Forge World Infantry Squads becasue they are simply not worth it. You will pay over $80 bucks for a 10 man unit, on top of 5 week shipping. And all that is without secial weapons, vox or heavy weapons.

Second, 1000 points is a bit too little for DKOK. I do understand that you are just starting to play these guys but you do need to understant that a basic infantry squad of DKOK cost ** points without upgrades (They come with 4 doctrines). Basicaly the amount of DKOK infantry you will be fielding is significantly lower than that of a normal IG player.

Third, I dont need to tell you but DKOK are all about mortars and other indirect weaponry. So if you want to stick to the norms of any DKOK army you wll need something like Heavy mortars, Quad Launchers, or some heavy tanks like Medusa, basilisk, destroyer or thunderer. I realy doubt that you are going ot buy any of these due to their price, but if I would make a suggestion ... I would say stick to the normal IG basilisk as well as Quad Launcher batteries.
    ---The reason why I suggest this is because basilisks are cheap and easy to get, while Quad Launchers are fantastic anti-infantry weapons, firing 4 Str5 Ap5 Blasts a turn up to 60". Extremely deadly against light infantry

Fourth, when it comes to making a list thats when it starts getting hard. I would personaly suggest:
    HQ:Command Squad with a Heavy and Special Weapon
    ELITE:2 Quad Launchers batters or 2 Heavy Mortars
    TROOP: Platoon HQ (HW & Special Weapon) and 4-6 Infantry Squads (Special Weapons)
    FAST: Hellhound is probably the most reasonable choice
    HEAVY: Take you pick, whatever you have the money to field. You can go with either Basilisks, Medusas, Bombards (Dont advise em), HW Platoons of Prelim Bombardment.

If you would like some indepth help, msg me. I have got the book with me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Wraithguardian:

thank for your suggestions, greatly appreciated...
    i need to review my options.. shipping 5 weeks?... huhuhu... that a bit to long..

i also need to get the codex first ... that way is much easier to set the army..
    ' Let's be Honest, Orks Don't Care Who They Fight With '

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by orkwithbite View Post
    @Wraithguardian:

thank for your suggestions, greatly appreciated...
    i need to review my options.. shipping 5 weeks?... huhuhu... that a bit to long..

i also need to get the codex first ... that way is much easier to set the army..
    Well, first of all there is no codex for DKOK. The rules for them are in Imperial Armour Volume 5 (Book 1) which is about $80 bucks in the stores. If that price is too big for your wallet then msg me. You dont realy need the whole book, only the last 15 pages or so.

Second, yea shipping for FW is pretty rough. It can take anywhere between 3-7 weeks for your order to actualy get to you. I ordered two thing in my whole life from FW and both took 6 weeks to deliver, thats why I started relying on private auctions for Resin stuff.

Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

good luck trying to buy all that lol

wraithguardian, what did u order? it only took 2 weeks for me? Do you mind semding me the pages? i dont have DKOK, but have plans to start a army soon, and I buy lots of forgeworld, so i think i can handle the price of the mortars, etc my email adress is negima1212 at aol.com(cant put @ sign or else its blue), if you wouldn't mind.
    Hellhounds are good tanks

Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your looking for cheaper models and don't mind having slightly less quality for half the price then steel legion models may be bought online which look like perfectly respectable DKoK models if given a nice dull brown paint job. If you want to spend even less then skip the IA rules, use the suggested doctrines in the IG codex and for indirect use a combo of mortars and bassies. All for the same price as everybody elses IG army.

But this is just a second option, it is ultimately up to you.

BTW your white writing aint foolin no-one, no how.

You'd be better off using a greyer colour, but not by much
    Last edited by davidH; July 16th, 2008 at 09:18.

+ Reply to Thread