Forge World Cyclops and Disembarking - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forge World Cyclops and Disembarking

I sometimes run a list with three converted mini-tanks representing the Forge World Cyclops from Imperial Armour. One of the options for the Cyclops is to put it and the operator inside a Chimera. In the past, I have always followed the standard rules for disembarking treating the models as I would infantry disembarking.

However, I watched a game the other day and a guy moved his Chimera 12", disembarked the Cyclops, moved it 12", and then detonated it. I mentioned to him that I thought that was not a correct implementation of the rules - but his defense was that the Cyclops is a vehicle and so did not follow the same disembarking rules as an infantry model.

Does anyone else know if there is a definitive rule on this in Imperial Armour somewhere? I have read that artillery pieces towed by a Centaur must abide by the same disembarkation rules but dont know about a vehicle that can move on its own. I believe my initial impulse is right, but I would like to back it up with a brightline rule if I could and havent read Imperial Armour volumes 1-5 cover to cover in order to find it.

"No dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. You win a war by making the other dumb bastard die for his country." General George S. Patton, Jr.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

I just looked it up on the forgeworld question and answer, to no avail.................

personally i dont believe that the cyclops can even move 12, being so small, but it is a vehicle.........

im pretty sure you cannot exit a vehicle that moves 12, because it would be moving too fast to exit a vehicle safely, but technically(and sadly) i guess it makes sense that the cyclops can move 12.........so i guess moving the chimera, and then exiting the chimera i guess it can move 18

honestly tho, he definitely cheated, nothing can exit a vehicle that moves 12, that has got to be too fast, think about it a skimmer moves that fast, there is no way that you can exit a vehicle that moves that fast.

BTW cyclops are a lot of fun!!
    Hellhounds are good tanks

Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything you wrote is logical...there just doesnt seem to be a black and white rule that says one way or another. Doesnt seem right, but without a rule to point at you would be rolling a dice to see whose interpretation you use. Id rather just know for sure. Oh well, there are other much more pressing matters to discuss on this board.
    "No dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. You win a war by making the other dumb bastard die for his country." General George S. Patton, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread