5th Edition Apoc Observations - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th Edition Apoc Observations

So, took myself down to the local hobby shop for an Apoc game, 6k pts/side with no strategems, of Eldar vs Daemons/Tau/IG, and made the following observations after my IG all died:

1) Is there anything that can really take down a 2+ invulnerable save with any kind of regularity, or do Guard just have to gang up on insanely tough/strong daemons in CC and force saves with Allied units? Or tar pit them into insignificance?

2) Three Eldar superheavies is pretty wowzors. Basilisks would have been clutch to shell the crap out of them from across the board. Then again, they would have been clutch in general...

3) The new Scatter-BS is pretty nifty --> Roll<BS and it's as good as a frickin hit die!

4) Troops being the only objective holders is kinda strange, but brings the focus back to troops. Except for races with outstanding troop choices to begin with who don't need elites the way others do.

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I was very, VERY drunk. thechaplain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by fattmeezy View Post
    So, took myself down to the local hobby shop for an Apoc game, 6k pts/side with no strategems, of Eldar vs Daemons/Tau/IG, and made the following observations after my IG all died:

1) Is there anything that can really take down a 2+ invulnerable save with any kind of regularity, or do Guard just have to gang up on insanely tough/strong daemons in CC and force saves with Allied units? Or tar pit them into insignificance?

2) Three Eldar superheavies is pretty wowzors. Basilisks would have been clutch to shell the crap out of them from across the board. Then again, they would have been clutch in general...

3) The new Scatter-BS is pretty nifty --> Roll<BS and it's as good as a frickin hit die!

4) Troops being the only objective holders is kinda strange, but brings the focus back to troops. Except for races with outstanding troop choices to begin with who don't need elites the way others do.

Thoughts?
    1 )Lucky Demolishers are good for taking down seriously hard Daemons. You can also use suicide CC platoon command squads - an officer and a commissar with power weapons and a psyker with a force weapon might have a chance.

2 )Yeah, Basilisks are good for that kind of thing - of course as Chopper Reid says - "Harden the **** up!" - you need a Baneblade or two! Baneblades are lean, mean, pointy-ear killing machines.

3 )See 2 - the scatter BS makes the BB absolutely insanely deadly. Get within 24" and pummel those Eldar into submission!

4 )There are two ways to go with Guard troops in the Apocalypse games that have worked for me. Firstly, you can use stupid numbers of troopers - 2 or 3 full platoons and a full Conscript platoon work very well - as long as they are appropriately supported - either with lots of LR + variants and/or super heavies. The other way to go is absolutely minimal numbers of troops - some small platoons and some armoured fist squads will allow you to grab objectives after the massive numbers of vehicles you will have wipe out anyone near the objectives.

+ Reply to Thread