Will conscripts not run from combat...... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Will conscripts not run from combat......

Is it me, or will the chem-inhaler docterine, keep conscripts from running in combat(can they use it, i dont see why not, but maybe im missing something) because friends of mine say that conscripts cannot benifit from chem-inhalers.

Hellhounds are good tanks

Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any guard unit can use chem-inhalers, including conscripts. It's one of the very few doctrines they can use. And it won't stop them from running by itself, they still have low morale.

I was very, VERY drunk. thechaplain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x3)

Yeah, chem-inhalers help, but you can't beat a Commissar with them!

Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

thanks, because some people at a place i go to say that conscripts cannot benifit from chem inhalers.
    Hellhounds are good tanks

Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"

I was very, VERY drunk. thechaplain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x3)

Yeah, they definitely can - the codex entry doesn't mention "Guard infantry" - so conscripts can use them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

I just had a thought

I was actually putting together a commissar/conscript army yesterday, and I decided the best option was to both attach a commissar and use chem inhalers. Unless I'm mistaken (I'm new to IG) that means they won't take a leadership penalty in close combat, and after he summarily executes someone, their leadership will be 10 every round until the commissar is killed.

I was writing up the list, when a question occurred to me:

Where does the chem inhaler go? Does it attach to the unit of conscripts or the independent commissar joining them? Does it have to be on both units?

I believe it only has to be on the unit, because it says the unit is pinned if they fail a leadership check, implying that the effect occurs after the leadership check is taken.

However, if the Commissar doesn't have it, does his leadership get the penalties in close combat, since he doesn't have a chem inhaler? If he has the chem inhaler, and the unit of conscripts don't, do they not gain benefit from it until he executes a member of their squad? Can the unit only take benefit from the chem inhaler if every model inside the unit has one?

With all this confusion, I think it might be better to take Schaeffer's Last Chancers, and attach Kage to a large unit of conscripts. The conscripts will be fearless as long as Schaeffer is alive, because Kage has the highest leadership in the group, and he's fearless.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread