Mix Rhino Versions? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What should I do to complete my Company?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Throw in a few newer Rhinos.

12 57.14%
  • Stay consistent with just older Rhinos.

9 42.86%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I am have been slowly putting together an army from the Blood Angels 1st Company for years and think I may end up fleshing it out as pretty much the full Company this summer. I want it to be a line breaching/shock troop type force, with a heavy emphasis on short range firepower and assault power, but at the same time almost completely, if not completely, mechanized.

I already have a number of Rhinos and a Razorback for the Veteran squads, a Predator (the really old one with the round turret), and a Whirldwind, all of which are based on the old style Rhino chassis. I do have 2 Land Raiders I recently came into (one is a Crusader, neither painted yet) which are the new style, and a Land Speeder or two, but these are my only new style vehicles.

So, here is my question: Before I am finished, I will definitely be adding, at the very least, a Vindicator, and possibly one or two other Rhino based vehicles (probably Rhinos, or possibly one or two Rhino based vehicles for a small group of Sororita allies). My inclination is to stick to the old style Rhino, which is still readily available (using the archives and eBay), for consistency, to really get a cohesive look. However, I thought I should get some more opinions. Should I get newer style vehicles and not worry about them not fitting in as well, or stick to the old style Rhinos?

"Don't Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would go for the old ones for consistency, but the new ones look better. Knowing me I'd pool all my money and buy brand new Rhinos to replace my old ones as well as go to squads that don't have them. And then sell the old ones on e-bay if I can be bothered (not likely) or just dump em in a cupboard and forget about them.
    Golden Fists:
    W/L/D
    0/3/1

Ravenwing: list made, now just to buy all the stuff on it (why do bikes have to be so expensive?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really wouldnt worry that much about consistency.

since theyve released the new shell for the rhino and its variants, every time i look at the old one it turns my stomach, honestly though its just so ugly compared to the new one
    go for new, you dont have to worry about mail order then
    "At the end I will be there. For the final battle. For the Wolftime." Last words of Leman Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is, I spent so many years with the old Rhinos that I do like them. The new ones are definitely cooler, but there is a certain ubiquity and practicality to the old ones that really seems to fit their fluff, especially given the way they are constructed (all the trickery to use as few different parts as possible). I am not sure if that changes things any...

Also, replacing them all would cost more than I am willing to pay (factoring in replacing them and expanding). Did I mention I am looking to have pretty much the entire 1st Company mechanized...? Yeah, that is a lot of Rhinos.
    "Don't Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are the old ones the ones with the circular side hatches and 2 door-like things on the front?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by salimander@May 29 2004, 19:18
    Are the old ones the ones with the circular side hatches and 2 door-like things on the front?
    Yeah, although there are a few other options for the front and back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides just consistancy there is a tactical advantage to the older rhinos, simple, THEY ARE SMALLER! thus-easier to hide/get hull down.
    Station:in all the world of the drow there is no more important word.It is the calling of their-of our-religion,.ambition overrides good sense and compassion is thrown away in its face, all in the name of the spider queen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With my death guard, force all my units will be in rhinos except for my possessed in my land raider. All my rhinos are the old ones and my new predator will be based on the old rhino. I will get a new rhino for my DH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

I would stay with the older Rhinos for consistency... Sure the new ones are cooler but the old ones were pretty damn cool in their own way and could be pretty wicked to look at if painted well...

But it'd be cool if you get the new ones for your Sister allies... It would really make it look like they are two different armies hailing from two different places...

Another idea would be to use the older Rhinos for your Death Company (if you have put them in Rhinos of course) and new Rhinos for the rest...
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

old ones..if it's the first company they'd have older stuff anyways...it just makes sence

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast