Would it look alright to make a standard bearer with the SM standard? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it look alright to make a standard bearer with the SM standard?

http://www.thewarstore.com/media/BWB...2/cstndard.jpg

Would the arm look too bulky and out of place, or would it be not too noticeable?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Not too noticeable for me. But the trut is that my experience is limited to homemade tanks and walkers.

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Well, here's my Skitarii army standard bearer:

So I think it can come out ok in the end.

Also, however - I didn't use the space marine arm to hold the thing, I made up a bionic arm. Although, i did use parts of the marine arm... Not so sure that using that space marine's whole arm would look as good, I think, but you can't be sure till its all done and painted!

Edit: I really need to repaint that brown, yuck... I painted this thing up quite a while ago now!
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, thanks.

On another note, are there any left-handed bolt/las pistol arms? Someone at the shop I go to suggested I sharpen down the point of the standard and count it as a CCW.

I guess a holstered bolt/las pistol would work too, but I don't know where to get one of those either.
    Last edited by jh316; July 31st, 2008 at 09:24.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are willing to modify a marine arm again, there are plenty of left-arm bolt/plasma pistols in the assault marines sprue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, thanks. I'm going to be buying an Assault marine squad in a few months anyway. I'll just use a chainsword arm until then and cut it off later, unless I can find someone to trade me at my local shop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alternatively you could do what I am doing, which is (using the same banner that Cadaver Junkie has) cut the arm off at the wrist, shave the hand carefully away from the pole. You can then either use a different hand, perhaps the banner man that comes with the Creed model, or what I have done, which is have the banner stand alone and the bearer posed in front of it (I am using a Forge World model for this).

I'm painting my tanks and chimeras at the moment but I'll try and post a pick as I have made the banner just not got round to painting it yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom Made Banner

I took the Standard Pole from my Libby and made my Guardsmen a halfway decent standard from that. It works for now...not as nice as Junkie's, but this unit doesn't have the budget the Skiitari have, hehe!

Little Warrior Standard!.jpg

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

cadaver you are such a perfectionist!

I find when using different pieces with hands on it is easier to keep the hand, a simple bionic replacment hand, or even thick glove, can serve as an explanation. Try to use cadavers pics as a template though cos that is a good guard arm conversion.

hope that helps

A

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jh316 View Post
    http://www.thewarstore.com/media/BWB...2/cstndard.jpg

Would the arm look too bulky and out of place, or would it be not too noticeable?
    I did that and it looks great - and for the hand it's easy - cut the pole off above and below the marine hand, and swap with a IG arm/hand. I think i used the "Holding Mortar" arm from the heavy weapons sprue, and neatened it with greenstuff after drilling through it and pinning for extra strength.

You could just slip it into a "empty gripping" left hand if you wanted - it's okay to cut down the pole a bit, just be sure you don't cut down the pole too much or the standard will touch the ground/go too far. I would also reccomend gluing the pole to the base as well, for extra durability, and putting the man far back on the base - with heels touching the edge for balance (and gluing a penny underneath helps alot).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast