hey 40k vets, i need your help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey 40k vets, i need your help

hey guys. im SM kid. i am pretty much a noob at 40k but i l ove the game and expect to play it for a while. i need some advice. i have an 800 pt space marine army. my little bro has a 750 tau army. we both want to make a larger army together. we are interested in eldar and the necrons. we also have a limited budget. need some expert help on what to pick! thanks for all your help. im on summer break for the next two weeks so try and answer this by then. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

first of all welcome to the forum and the hobby. as far as expanding your brothers' and your army, i would recommend sticking to the armies you have now and expand on them. i have seen to many people at my store switch armies constantly once they start losing games. both armies you have are very good and you should build them to the play styles you like. something i have found out personally is the longer you stick with an army the better you become at the game. learning what your models do in every situation makes a huge difference.

as far as your budget goes, you have a couple choices. first, is the slow and steady method were you buy things as money comes in. then theres the ebay method which always has good deals on painted and non painted models. lastly, there always that guy at the store who has 20 armies, and has been playing for 20 years. he's always good to buy stuff from. good luck with the armies.
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

As greektlake said, stick with the armies you have. If your both interested in other armies, keep that intrest at bay until you get to know the hobby. Once you have a few dozen games played against several opponents and satisfied with how your current army is going, you could start looking into other armies or continue expanding the armies you have now.

All of us here know the expense of the hobby. To field a big force (over 2000points) takes a lot of money and even more time in modeling, painting and basing each model, but if you look around these forums (use the search facility too!), you'll find many hints and tips on how to collect a good force quickly and for the least expense. Indeed, Ebay has many wonders that dont cost a fortune. Young folk like youselves selling an army on the cheap so they can move on to annother are common. If you can deal with re-painting some poorly painted models, ebay is a good way to go.

What ever army you and your brother decide to collect, check out the army list forums around here for ideas on what to collect and how best to use the army.

Best of luck,

CR
    Last edited by CleanRabbit; August 6th, 2008 at 10:40. Reason: retarded ramblings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks guys that helps a lot. except we couldnt decide on either tau or space marines which is why we wanted to try something we both liked. we didnt want to fight over which army to pick because it usually leads to hostile actions so we both wanted to pick a different army to play together. so any previous experience on either eldar or necron would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

So are you playing together or against each other, together I would say don't bother as it will be hostile.

Against each other stick with Tau and Marines and get them built up to 1.5k if you can for good games.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

You're looking for an army that you'd both like?
    That's kinda tough, I'd say eldar as they can get units more easily customizable to your playing style. Unsure why you posted this in the Smurf section though bud I think it should go in the "40K Army Forums" as a general topic.

If you want to know more about necrons/eldar ask in those forums.

+ Reply to Thread