Black Reach - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Black Reach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Reach

G'day,

Im a newbie marines player and have recently invested in 2xBlack Reach box's, (the ones that come out next month).

Obviously i get the dreddy, 5xTermies, 10Marines and a captain (times 2) , the orks i will give to my bro, so disregard them,

I have just purchased 6xAssault marines and a rhino seperately and plan to use them in with what i have.....i plan to play 1500pt games, but am unsure of what to get to finish it off...

so far my list is pretti much ;

captain

2xdreddys, (which will be used in an AT role)

10xTermies

20xTactical marines (with rhino for one squad)

6xJumpers

this is a very basic overview, with the necessary basic upgrades,
    all up it comes to about 1350,

however i'm not sure what to get to make 1500, i du have a venerable dreddy sumwhere too but i think 3xdreddys mite be a bit of overkill?

the main problem i have is how to use 10xTermies? it is a ridiculuos amount, but i must learn, does anyone actually use 10 or more termies in the one list? i dont reely want to buy too much more so ima going to keep the termies....

thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

I play against a blood angels player on a regular basis, and he fields two squads of 5 termies and attaches a HQ to both just to annoy me further! There are rumors about the limit of heavy weapons in a 5man termie squad, but you'll not get any heavy weapons on the BR box set so I wouldn’t worry.
    I would be tempted to field them as a 10-man squad and attach a captain.

With two dreadnoughts and the 10-man termie squad, thats your 3 elite options taken, so you cant field more dreadnoughts OR split the termie squad into two 5-man squads without taking a dreadnought off.

Now, your only fielding two troop choices. These are the backbone of any army and you need a lot of troop choices to capture and hold objectives. With the extra points to spare, why not pad out your army with one more tactical squad? Without heavy weaps a 10man tac squad costs 150points - a perfect filler. Another option would be to drop a captain off your active list, and field a 5-man devvie squad. Four missile launchers is my preferred choice for a good all-round squad, especially against your brothers new orkskies

Let us know how you get on, and feel free to drop some army list ideas in the marine army list forum when you get a little more daring.

CR

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

In a standard marine list you can take a command terminator retinue i'm pretty sure (been playing DA for months now, so not picked up the codex) - This means you can have a 5x man elite, and 5x man hq ter squads (with 2x dreads which are now freaking awsome - don't forget to make them venerable and give them extra armour, and don't forget you can run them - they have a ST10 Power weapon basically, for smashing up Vehicles and squads alike, so get close.)

You could always say you're a sucessor DA Chapter, and have your terminators then score. (as they are also troop choices) (and on the sprue for a vetran pack - £ 12 - is all the bits you need including an assault cannon for your Terminators - you have no HW's) You can make up your chapter as you wish. You'd have to get one extra terminator for Belial (the company master that makes this happen) but if you get one on the WD it's okay (Oh, the vet boxed set has a power sword for term's too)

And in that box you get 5x vets to put into your squads also.

Hope that helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

I agree with CleanRabbit - in a 1500 point list you're going to want more than two troop choices. Your options are another tactical squad or some scouts. I would recommend some scouts, and here's why:

Your army right now is not terribly mobile. The fastest things you have are the one tactical squad in a Rhino and the assault squad. Everything else in your army is walking it's way across the board, which means that you're going to be digging your opponent off of objectives instead of setting up your units and making him come to you. A unit of scouts with a missile launcher or heavy bolter and infiltrate right on top of an objective (or at least a lot closer than your other units) and use cover saves / go to ground to hold it until support arrives. Scouts are cheap enough that you could probably pick up two 5 man squads for less than 150 points.

If you'd like to add another tacitcal squad that would be fine, but if you do I would shuffle some stuff around to find the points for a second Rhino.

Hope that was helpful.
    General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very helpful so far....cheers, im starting to like the idea of these scouts actually, or a tactical squad and rhino,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

For a 1.5k list now you need more than 3 scoring units to be successful, so get some scouts or some more marines, 10 Termies is a bit over the top for 1.5k too. Maybe get a Predator or two as well.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

+ Reply to Thread