need help understanding codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need help understanding codex

on the summary sheet, what do the letters mean? e.g. ws bs sv, and how do i use them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is all explained in the Warhammer 40k rule book, please buy it and it will all become clear, and stop trying to sponge the rules off this forum, thank you!
    Necrons-Currently building, finished by feb with any luck.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ArchLord101

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sponge rules off the forum?

ive bourght it, read it cover to cover, but it doesent say which each one means and/or stands for...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Short answer, they're numbers representing model characteristics - how skilled, strong, tough and fast a model is, how heavy its armour is, etc...

As archlord has said, we're not really allowed to lay out the rules in detail here (GW copyrights and such). It is indeed laid out quite nicely in the main rulebook though:

The basic characteristics are laid out on pages 6 and 7.
    Movement is covered on pages 11 through 14.
    Shooting is pages 15 to 32, including details on all the different weapon types (rapid fire, heavy, blasts...).
    And assault is on pages 33 to 42.

Pages 43 through 85 go into details on the finer points, like morale, special unit types, vehicles, buildings, and character models. Not terribly necessary to get started, but you'll need this stuff once you've got the bare essentials covered.

Archlord: He's new here, go a bit easier on him, eh? And try to include references if possible, it's a lot more useful than just "go buy the book".
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhh, thanks

i understand now.

thanks again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by axlee View Post
    sponge rules off the forum?

ive bourght it, read it cover to cover, but it doesent say which each one means and/or stands for...
    If you did read it cover to cover, you should have came across it at page 6-7, which is not far from the cover. I suggest you try harder before asking question like this.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by K4neX View Post
    If you did read it cover to cover, you should have came across it at page 6-7, which is not far from the cover. I suggest you try harder before asking question like this.
    Calm down people, he's obviously new both to the forums and the game. We've all made one or two unnesecary posts / questions to GW staff in our time, Me included

It's alot to take in especially when you're exited, so let's not bash that enthusiasm too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Easy there fella. We're all mates here, no need to be so brash!
    He may have just skimmed over it. Heck it took about 4 reads for most of the rules to sink into my head when I started (admitted, its hollow and made of wood, but i digress)

Helpful advice, not aggressive criticism is what’s needed =)

CR

Crunchy, you beat me to the post! grrr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CleanRabbit View Post
    Easy there fella. We're all mates here, no need to be so brash!
    He may have just skimmed over it. Heck it took about 4 reads for most of the rules to sink into my head when I started (admitted, its hollow and made of wood, but i digress)

Helpful advice, not aggressive criticism is whatís needed =)

CR

Crunchy, you beat me to the post! grrr
    My apologies, but I have to say that with the details in the first few pages and index at the back of the book, it is hard to miss that.

And if a bang on the head will make people try harder to work something out, then it may actually make people dig deeper into the information and learn quicker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

My apologies, but I have to say that with the details in the first few pages and index at the back of the book, it is hard to miss that.

And if a bang on the head will make people try harder to work something out, then it may actually make people dig deeper into the information and learn quicker.
    Look mate, I don't want to come off as the bad guy or that Iím making excuses, but considering the volume of people that come through these forums, we have to treat everyone with the same respect that we would want to get. Some of these visitors may very well be dyslexic, dumb or plane lazy, itís not for us to judge or treat differently; we all have to be creative and helpful, or not say anything at all.

If you want to bang folk on the head, I suggest you try that outside of the forums first, and let me know how that works out for you (Iím always happy to be a guinea pig for experiments!!)

CR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast