My options for inducted guard. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

My options for inducted guard.

Hello, I am thinking of adding some inducted guard to my 1750 list, I am wondering what should I use I have 245 points to use.

My first choices are...

1. Leman russ w/ 3 heavy bolters: I would have to drop my retributors for this so it means 8 faith points in my army but room for more inducted guard and the ability to tear apart MEQ and hordes, and it might draw a bit of fire from my rhinos.

I could then add 3-5 sentinels with multi lasers or auto cannons.

These are the choices that came to my head at first. (I wish I could use drop troops but unfortunately I can't because of the doctrine and allies system. But I would appreciate any help from anybody, some more troop choices could be nice.

Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

don't you need inducted guard infantry choices first before you can take russes and sentinels?
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by kevin vanrooyen View Post
    don't you need inducted guard infantry choices first before you can take russes and sentinels?
    Well I'm not really quite clear on the allying rules.

EDIT I re read the rules and there are alot of choices that require the mandatory troop choices.
    Last edited by gauss_storm; August 24th, 2008 at 23:26.

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

If you want inducted guard, you'll only be able to get troops. The minimum cost for two units leaves you with no points for Russes or Sentinels.
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

To get any IG stuff, first you need to take two IG troop choices, so two Armored Fists seem to be a good choice, unless you want the Platoons (depending on your models). After that you can take one Russ (as on of your 3 Heavy Choices) and/or the Sentinels. It is all very clearly stated on page 26 in WH Dex. Supposedly the new IG will not have Armored Fists any more, so that might change when the IG Dex comes out - hopefully next year...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inducted guard our great

Although they are a 500+ point commit ment in my mech sisters army
    I run 2 afs(las plas, chimera with heavy stubber, heavy bolter multi las extra armour), russ with nose las cannon heavy bolter sponsons in mid size games (<2000) and upgrade one afs to aplatoon for games> 2000. They provide a solid fire base for my sisters as the y drive into position otr snatch objec tives. Although one other tip is there paltry leadership requires a baby sitter (ussauly my seraphim w/ book of st luc) it is isn't have bad as I use them in a counter attack role .

+ Reply to Thread