1750 Blood Angel help. [5th] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    229 (x4)

1750 Blood Angel help. [5th]

Hi all,

I'm switching from Iron hands chapter, to a Blood Angels army. I know I love the Death COmpany, and Mephisto guy is so freaking overpowered, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for an all comers list?

THis is not a "what's the best Blood Angel list" thread.
    I'm genuinely asking for some pointers for a new army. I have any and all models needed, so if you has 6 assault squads and a chaplain...i got it. If you say 3 ball preds, three furiosos and three uints tac..i got it..

I'm just trying to wrap my head around a new type of marine army..i've been running termie sergeants in my tac as iron hands, and techmarine and etc, so BA is going to be a change for me.. just wondering an effective lineup for an 'all comers" list.

Sho: out.

Rome wasn't built in a day, Either should good scenery.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

welcome to the Blood Angels chapter! i've been testing out the list for a couple months now and have found it to be real fun and i hope i can give you some in-site. what i have found out to be real effective against all armies are the troop choice assault squads. they become so much more of threat as a troop choice. i have dicovered (the hard way) that buzz about power fists are no good anymore is not so true. the extra attack you get from the power weapon is not so good when facing oponents like avatars, greater deamons, wraithlords, nurgle troops ect. and since im using so many assault troops, there the ones who are going to be dealing with things like that.
    as far as support goes, it really up to how you want to support your army. a favorite not only for me but for many people on this forum, are multi-melta attack bikes. toughness 5 with two wound means they normally get to the place you need them. but my ultimate #1 choice for support is the furioso. not only does it look sweet, it hits like no other! i upgrade mine with venerable, death company and extra armour. with the new run rule for walkers the games i have used the furioso have been fantastic! beyond that, they have the standard support choices.
    one last thing, a vetran assault squad is fantastic to take depite the fact they are not a troop choice. with all there choices and attacks they can deal with almost anything. good luck with the army.
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Now in the 5th eddition you need at least 4 troops for a game of 1750 pts.

The best combination of troops in my oppinion are two units of assault marines, and two units of tactical marines, which will give much needed balance of shooting, cover and assault potential. VAS are not that good, and they never where imho. For support I advice attack bikes with multmelta and my favorite land speeders with multimelta and heavy flamer. In a few weeks when the new SM dex comes, the typhoons can also be a very interesting choice.

For heavy support take what you want. Ball predators are still really good. Devastators are also gut - here in HS it is all up to you.

As for elites, the new vehicle rules made a beast out of the venerable furioso dreadnought. If I played BA I would take two without thinking.

Have fun with the red freeks
    "One must do violence to the object of one's desire; when it surrenders, the pleasure is greater."

Marquis De Sade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My experience in playing with BA under the new rules is similar to the two previous posters. First, the furioso dred is so good with the run rule. Also i'd suggest taking the DC and Venerable upgrades and either extra armour or a droppod. The DC upgrade is a must, but you need realize if you paint it up nice it will get shot at like crazy and the venerable choice is worth the 20pts.

The BA rhinos are worth it with the overcharged engines. I still love the moving cover with true line of sight and have even tank shocked a farseer squad on jetbikes off the board with mine using the overcharged engines. If you stick 10 guys in a rhino I prefer having 9 bolters and a plasmagun for rapid fire, but some like the ML PF combo for the ability to split up the squad. I personally find it more effective to use the overcharged engines and get the whole squad up there to rapidfire. While using the attack bikes and possibly a pred, vindicator, or razorback for my anti tank.

I prefer having a razorback and have had great success with 5 tactical (4 bolters 1MG) and corbulo inside plus there's nothing better then giving two full assault squads furious charge and blowing up the nastiest tank on the board in the same turn with the same squad.

As far as the DC I dont recommend a full squad. I usually run 5 with lemartes and they always get it done. I can go from unit to unit with this squad. If you have 8-10 they will run through the first squad and can get shot up the next oppenents turn. Plus I've had my 5 man squad get shot at from eldar jetbikes and dire avengers or a LST and a tac rapid fire and haven't taken a single wound.

Obv the assault troop squads are a must and under 5th are better than the VAS. At times I like to run a libby in term armour with an assault squad as the BA power allows him to move with a jumppack on LD tests.

I haven't had any luck with my Baal in the new edition. I mean it's done nothing. Oh it did cause a fire warrior squad to flee off the board and that's about it.

The MM attack bikes are well worth the points. They're just annoying for the oppenent to deal with and dont really cost anything, yet have the best ability for tank killing.

For an effective lineup so you can have a take "all comers" list I would start with either two full tacticals with rhinos and two full assault squads or one tac w/ rhino and one with razorback and two full assault squads. Add two MM attack bikes. This should give you a good start and from there you can decide what you want to add.
    Last edited by JRD4; August 27th, 2008 at 08:18.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    229 (x4)

Thanks guys, you've helped me out a lot.

I've gone ahead and started painting the minis, going with a brick red, they look good.
    And dove into the ol' army builder...

-Chaplain (PF,bpistol,Art. Armor, Jump pack)
    -Assault squad x10 (1PF, sgt has melta bombs)
    -Furioso Dread (ven., ex. armor)
    -Furioso DC Dred (Ven, Ex Armor)
    -Death CO. x8 (crazy as hell )
    -Landspeeder (MM, Aslt Cn)

can't be sure that's it ( i'm at work right now, but that's from memory..)there might be a squad i'm missing or two..
    Sho: out.

Rome wasn't built in a day, Either should good scenery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Also if your wanting a nice HQ combo, Dante and Corbolo create an insane combination on the front line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You cant beat Memphiston toughest marine in the game for the loyalists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mika View Post
    Now in the 5th eddition you need at least 4 troops for a game of 1750 pts.

The best combination of troops in my oppinion are two units of assault marines, and two units of tactical marines, which will give much needed balance of shooting, cover and assault potential. VAS are not that good, and they never where imho. For support I advice attack bikes with multmelta and my favorite land speeders with multimelta and heavy flamer. In a few weeks when the new SM dex comes, the typhoons can also be a very interesting choice.

For heavy support take what you want. Ball predators are still really good. Devastators are also gut - here in HS it is all up to you.

As for elites, the new vehicle rules made a beast out of the venerable furioso dreadnought. If I played BA I would take two without thinking.

Have fun with the red freeks
    I'm going to politely disagree with you on a few things.

The first being that Veteran Assault marines are not good. Around my area they are one of my most feared units and I've been playing my BA's since I was 13. That's 10 years now. For a few extra points your entire squad has the veteran attack benefits and the ability to take lots of weapon options like meltas and flamers. Two flamers in a VAS is very very deadly alone. Not to mention the plethora of attacks they come with. Most BA vets I've seen agree to the power house the VAS are. It's simply a means of applying them right.

Also while troops are highly important, I've found that 30 marines out of 40ish and some armor at 1750 for troops has always been capable. Four is a good number but not necessarily the minimum. I'd honestly say no less then three and no more then four at 1750. As anymore then four especially full 10 man squads will be at least half your points if not more depending on upgrades and transports. My personal trend is about 40-45% of points on troops.

Lastly though IMO the Speeders are simply too expensive when you can take the Attack bikes for less points. And from my play testing have survived more then speeders. The speeder do have a lot of fire power but taking the MM and the HF dump a lot of points into a unit that bolters can bring down easier then a single attack bike.

Outside that I agree with the rest Mika has said. Baals' are hand's down the best Pred's in the game IMO. And the DC dread is very very deadly. And for troops two squads of tac marines is a very good standard. I'll generally run two tacs with ML's and a Full 10 man Assault squad to start. And build from there.

I generally won't take less then Eight DC if I can get away with it. At least around here my opponents will shoot them with everything they have even if I only had four. And eight will either make sure they survive to kill what is needed. Or absorb enough fire the rest of my army handles them.

Fists are good even with the one less attack. But if you do take Corbulo don't be affraid to use a power weapon. Furious charge is nice to have... again

Dante is amazing now. His banner and abilites are great for an assault based army. Hands down my favorite HQ if I can take him.

Mephiston is a power house. But a big target if seen.

Just a note for Hellblade: It's spelled Mephiston =P there is no second 'M' Check the dex if you want ^_^ Just seen you spelling it like that everywhere and being the horrible nitpick I am about spelling. I couldn't resist. He's still my favorite char. But I feel Dante brings more to the army as a whole.

Anyway that's my advice. Outside of BA's are aggressive and love to get there fast. Play em hard and mobile and you'll do well imo.
    Last edited by Mesi; August 30th, 2008 at 08:29. Reason: had a points value in there

+ Reply to Thread