arming the justicar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

arming the justicar

(hope this has not been covered before)
    since we dont benefit from true grit on the charge:
    can the justicar buy a pistol or additional wep over and above the storm bolter(straped to his wrist not in his hand) to benefit from the additional cc wep rule on the charge?
    prob not... but i just dont want to be missing something.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member image vertification sux's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey nut View Post
    (hope this has not been covered before)
    since we dont benefit from true grit on the charge:
    can the justicar buy a pistol or additional wep over and above the storm bolter(straped to his wrist not in his hand) to benefit from the additional cc wep rule on the charge?
    prob not... but i just dont want to be missing something.
    Mhmmm it sais in the Armoury entry before the listings they may only use their blessed weaponry and only wargear items, so in answer to your question they are forbidden to purchase items other than the wargear list.
    Yeah I've also wanted to do this and give my GM a bolt pistol and mastercrafted so I get 7 attacks on the charge if I miss with one attack... would be cool and give it digital weapons xD but no you can't.
    I might write like a ork but i fight like a poet.
    Some one tell me they have ever seen a nightbringer die from a Nemesis Force Weapon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks....
    oh well, had to ask.
    cant remember exactly but i think the only wargear that gives some sort of attack was a digital wep or something which goes off before all other fighting...not that that helps.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about a null rod (expensive i know- but usefull against eldar trust me) is this gear...cause it counts a a p.wep...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by image vertification sux View Post
    Mhmmm it sais in the Armoury entry before the listings they may only use their blessed weaponry and only wargear items, so in answer to your question they are forbidden to purchase items other than the wargear list.
    Yeah I've also wanted to do this and give my GM a bolt pistol and mastercrafted so I get 7 attacks on the charge if I miss with one attack... would be cool and give it digital weapons xD but no you can't.
    You're right on both accounts: neither the Justicar nor the GM can purchase a pistol from the armory, though the reasons for each are slightly different. The Armoury states that models in power armour can only purchase wargear, like you said, so the Justicar is stuck with his stormbolter. The GM on the other hand is in Terminator armor, but you can only purchase items that have an asterisk * next to them for him, which none of the pistols have. The cheapest way to give a GM an extra attack is to purchase a power weapon for him to replace his stormbolter.

Regarding Null Rods and Digital Weapons, those are both restricted to Inquisitors and Inquisitor Lords (check out the little numbered notes on the armoury page for more info on who can take what).

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops

better go appologise to my eldar buddy for giving it to my BC.

(sometimes a roll off vs doom or mindwar...just doesn't seem like enough)

thanks for the clarification.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can the justicar buy a pistol or additional wep over and above the storm bolter(straped to his wrist not in his hand)
    Since characters can only have two weapons the point is moot anyway (I'm assuming you mean you want to also keep the storm bolter).

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Marid View Post
    Since characters can only have two weapons the point is moot anyway (I'm assuming you mean you want to also keep the storm bolter).
    This isn't quite accurate; there is no rule in the actual rulebook stating that characters are limited to two weapons. I believe it does say that currently in the DH codex (if I recall right), but it's not true of all armies nor will it likely be true of DH once they end up getting redone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Marid View Post
    You're correct that the DH codex limits weapon purchases to a total of 2 weapons per model, one of which may be two-handed. I might have misunderstood him, but I thought that he was suggesting replacing the stormbolter with a pistol to get the extra attack.

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armour Change

Since models in PA can only change wargear what if a Justicar changed his armor to Artificer Armor. If I recall right it is in the wragear section. Does this then null the weapon changing line?
    P.S. Unlike the 4th ed i think this is a good choice as the justicar can be shot down now in 5th
    I'm not here for the respect, just here to spread the clarity of a very complicated game

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast