New Rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: New Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

By now you should have heard plenty about the rules update. If not they can be found here
    There probably are discussion topics sprouting up all over LO and elsewhere but we should address how it effects us as WH/SoB players.

My main concern is the random inclusion of Deepstrike/Infiltrate for all missions on a D6 roll of 3+ and our lack of deepstriking units to take advantage of this.
    But I guess this is counterbalanced by our Exorcist and it's AP1 (all AP1 hits count as penetrating)hehehehe

And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I remember correctly, it's all glancing hits with ap1 count as penetrating, not just all hits period... And like you said, there are topics sprouting all over the place, go join in on one of those, you'll get more replies, I'm thinking.

WH are pretty basic when it comes to Deepstriking, (Don't their Seraphim get to?) but frankly, you want the enemy to DS right next to you, don't you, your fire power is all close range, isn't it?
    <a href='http://www.onpoint-marketing.com/stealth-marketing.htm' target='_blank'>The future of marketing is here&#33; Stealth Marketing&#33;</a>
    Wait, you mean that optimism isn&#39;t fashionable anymore?&#33;
    Lord of Smart-ass Youthimizzles.
    Soup&#39;s up, bitches&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personaly i always think twice (at least) before deep striking my Seraphims, their T3 is just to damm weak. If they show in front of a couple of IG infantry squads thei&#39;re simply gonne, even with their power armour.....
    <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Get your sig from-tHe BaD GuY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saraphim cannot deep strike. I don&#39;t know where you read that, but they have never been able to, and don&#39;t now. Unless you can sight a page in the rule books, or in the Codex.

However, the rules update should still make saraphim much much more powerfull. Melta bombs might work on dreadnaughts, and the saraphim can run circles around tanks&#33; The new rapid fire rule aught to make the regular battle sisters a lot better too.

What does worry me is that any battle sister mounted in a Rhino has a chance of only showing up as a reserve unit. The reserve rules are very very hard on whoever has to use them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It&#39;s not a Squad ability but a wargear ability..... models equipped with jump pack may deep strike.

Isn&#39;t it so?
    <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Get your sig from-tHe BaD GuY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seraphim can Deep Strike when the scenario rules allow, they have Jump Packs and thus can do what every other Jump Pack equipped troop type can do.

The new rules change nothing with regards to the way Seraphim move, they can still move 12" in the movement phase, fire pistols in the shooting phase, and assault an enemy unit anything up to 6" away in the assault phase. They won&#39;t get the special rule allowing them to move in any direction, that&#39;s just for Tau and anything with a "Jet" Pack, read the PDF very closely and you&#39;ll see it only refers to "Jets" getting that extra move.
    Sisters of Battle Record in 4th Edition
    W:14 D:2 L:5

&quot;They&#39;re Imperial Stormtroopers, and they&#39;re highly trained efficient killers&#33;&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which scenarios are these? I didn&#39;t see them in the Big Black Book, and I haven&#39;t found any rule on jump packs saying that it confers the Deep Strike ability. The mission that grants deep striking abilities to all jump pack units must be some what obscure. Is it in one of the codex&#39;s? I didn&#39;t see it in the battle sisters, the Space marines, the Tau, nor the Chaos Space marines codex. The only armies that I can think of with jump packs of any kind are the Dark Eldar and the Eldar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You&#39;re absolutely right, I reread the WH dex and couldn&#39;t find it in there at all, and the other army lists where the Jump Packers can Deep Strike have it stated over and above the standard rules.

Not that I&#39;d try the trick even if I could, the old "fast but fragile" would make the exercise a very quick one&#33;

Marine and Chaos can Deep Strike, not sure about the Eldar, haven&#39;t read their Codex in ages.
    Sisters of Battle Record in 4th Edition
    W:14 D:2 L:5

&quot;They&#39;re Imperial Stormtroopers, and they&#39;re highly trained efficient killers&#33;&quot;

Closed Thread