Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I have a few questions about conscripts.
1. Since they are treated as a single unit are they only worth one kill point?
2. Would I only pay once to give, say 40, chameleoline, or would I have to pay for each 10 men?
I've played nids for awhile and have been thinking about making a guard army using conscripts as an interlocked x so that they get unit cover, and chameleoline would make that a 3+ cover save if I understand correctly. Although I may be reading this wrong, the guard codex seems to have some interesting wording.
1. Well, Infantry Platoons are also treated as a single unit on the Force Organization Chart, but it specifically states, at the top of Pg 44 IG codex, that each squad functions independently, meaning each squad is 1 kill point. Conscripts, on the other hand, are fielded as one big unit of 20-50 models and hence the mass counts as 1 kill point.
2. You cannot give Doctrine equipment to conscript platoons because they do not fall under the "Guard Infantry" category as defined on Pg 55 IG codex.
3. Because Conscript platoons are fielded as one big unit, each squad does not grant the other squads a cover save. To get a cover save 50% of all of the Conscript models in a single platoon must be in cover.
Last edited by counterwavecounter; August 30th, 2008 at 03:47.
"The man in the bowler hat is Mr. Average in his anonymity. I, too, wear one; I have no great desire to stand out from the masses." - Rene Magritte
Oh, thanks I completely missed that paragraph about the infantry, I thought that it just meant it excluded vehicles.
Indeed it is very confusing to people new to guard, I recently had to show my friend that his 2 infantry squads weren't 2 troops choices they weren't even one.Originally Posted by Whiskyjack1237347
IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11