New Sentinel Options - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

New Sentinel Options

Lately I've been hanging around the Tau forums (I'm looking at a Tau Army) and I have noticed some cool toys that their Battlesuits have. I also began to wonder "Why can't we have those? They seem simple enough..." Surely the Tech Magi have created similar items?

So, I think that these two are the best for us.

Firstly, the Targeting Array. This gives +1BS. No explanation required.

Secondly, the Target Lock. This allows Tau Battlesuits to fire at a different target than the rest of their squad if they pass a leadership test. This would be handy for those who have many sentinels, or 2 hellhounds and a few sentinels.

Thoughts?????

Father Mulcahy: Just as the Lord said to Noah, "Everything in pairs."
    Pierce Hawkeye: Of course the Lord was holding three aces at the time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

......Go Play Tau.........

lol JK, they are great ideas and all, but eldar war walkers dont get abilities either..........neither do dreadnoughts

basically im saying that battlesuits are more like characters than walkers, walkers should not have acess to more things than vehicles, so sorry to say it but I dont believe we should get access to special things like that, it doesn't suit guard, its too elite.

personally i want sentinels to have their armor upgraded by 1(at least on the front, or maybe the front and the side) and i want sentinels to have acess to more heavy weapon types(heavybolter? Multimelta? Plasma Cannon?) well maybe a plasma cannon might be overkill(3 sentinel squadron killing 15 marines in 1 turn.........or even a whole squad of terminators..............) personally I wish a sentinel could take pintle weapons.
    Hellhounds are good tanks

Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Well... some people have the opinion that sentinels are expensive for a vehicle that have paper thin armor. I agree to some degree, so I keep them cheap with zero upgrades.

But... if I can get some cheap upgrades, maybe sharpshoters in the Command Platton. Is more credible having a squadron of veteran pilots than special targeting systems. Hmm... I cant imagine the sentinels with pintle weapons, the pilot have the hands already busy with keping the walker standing. Maybe a Heavy Stubber in a coaxial mount with the Heavy Weapon.
    "The only valid test is combat; the only valid result is victory"
    Ardak Kumerian, Klingon Admiral.

+ Reply to Thread