Choosing a Regiment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choosing a Regiment

Hey, I think I've decided to play as IG. But I was wondering, what are the major differences between how the regiments play, ( if any ), and would it be easy and possible to take like say, some Cadian Kasrkin and turn them into Steel Legion Kasrkin looking models and actually be able to use them in games?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the is a difference which is dotrines these are extra army advantages that customize armies but limit some of the army list. On the topic of your second question probaly not but anyway steel legion uses the regular storm trooper models so theres no covertion needed
    If Slaanesh is the god of the Perverse, why does Nurgle have all the filth?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

As major moss said,the main difference between the regiments are the doctrines. In the back of the codex, it states the different factions, and which five of the doctrines they take. You can create your own regiment, and choose five doctrines you want, or just not use any doctrines. If you don't have the codex and want an idea into how the different regiments work, send me a pm!

As for the storm troopers, I doubt there is too much you can do to the models as they are all solid models. You could make your own from scratch, or use the older style Stormtrooper models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, I see. Is there a website that lists all the different doctrines or are they just in the codex?

Also, is Forge World reliable? Seeing as they have tons of Death Korps models, I was wondering if it would be safe to order from them if I chose that regiment?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

I've never had any problems with them, in fact I ordered something from them yesterday. The DKoK models are really nice, but work out a lot more expensive than using the GW models.

I'm not sure of a website with the doctrines on, as far as I am aware they are only in the codex, but if you want to know any of them, send me a PM as I said above...

+ Reply to Thread