Which Are Better Psycannon Or Incinerator? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which are better?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Psycannon

35 76.09%
  • Incinerator

11 23.91%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what do you think it's better and why?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We uh, had this topic against swarm armies, but I guess just period is a valid question. However, I stand by what I said there in that the Incinerator will rarely ever be fired.
    <a href='http://www.onpoint-marketing.com/stealth-marketing.htm' target='_blank'>The future of marketing is here&#33; Stealth Marketing&#33;</a>
    Wait, you mean that optimism isn&#39;t fashionable anymore?&#33;
    Lord of Smart-ass Youthimizzles.
    Soup&#39;s up, bitches&#33;

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Pandora@Jun 9 2004, 19:17
    We uh, had this topic against swarm armies
    Oops, I forgot the "search" button...and maybe the Incinerator will rarely be fired but when he is...runnnnnn&#33; :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Psycannon:
    -Variable ranges lets it move and be useful.
    -High S lets it pop low-AV transports and rear armor, which GK need help with.
    -Range lets you get a LOT more shots off against ANY army than an Incinerator would.
    -Termie + Psycannon rocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. The psycannon wins narrowly, but just because it costs so much otherwise it would be an easy call.

Incinerators in my experience get 1 shot off in a game, and only on squads that DS close to an enemy.

I have used a psycannon-heavy pure GK army and out shot a Tau army and IG (at 1500 points, granted I was on the defensive both times)

Psycannons at S6 can glance or sometimes penetrate low AV vehicles and walkers, plus make a mess of troops.

Incinerators just don&#39;t get used enough to justify losing the NFW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummmmm incinerator................................just playing lol, psycannon is definatly better, incinerator is rarely used but when it does, it does some pretty good damage....but psycannon is better lol
    Dont...Ever...Be...Alone

Senior Member Brother-Captain Fenix's Avatar
    in my mind.........................................
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta say the psycannon for pretty much the same reason as megalo
    long range,really good strength,can outshoot a tau army

plus termies and psycannons RULE&#33;

and there ya go
    When cities burn and armies turn
    and flee in disarray,

Cowards will cry 'tis best to fly
    and fight another day,

But warriors know it in their marrow when they
    die and fall,

It is better to have fought and lost than not have
    fought at all.

Fenix's Titles!

the keeper of the stuff!
    the knower of werty!
    the master of the obvious!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Alright, I gotta go against the grain and vote incinerator. Firstly, its half the price of a psycannon, and if youre playing 1500 like me, the DHs are usually pretty strapped for points. Secondly, its the same strength and AP as a psycannon. Thirdly, it never misses (template), unlike a psycannon which will hit only 2 times per turn on average. In a 6 turn game thats 12 hits, assuming you never go into close combat, always have sufficient range, and always have los. Now, the incinerator. Teleport in or jump out of a transport and fire it. It can easily cover 8 or more models and is espicially effective against hordes. Plus, against any swarms (rippers, nurglings) you get double wounds. Essentially, one (good) shot from it (and if youre using a transport or teleporting, you can usually get at least one good one) is equal to shooting a psycannon the entire game. Furthermore, whos to say it cant be used against tanks/walkers etc? Its the same strength as a psycannon after all. Also, the ignore cover saves is great. The AP 4 on a psycannon cant justify it as a longrange marine killer. The incinerator isnt used like that either- it chews up troops by the dozen. Its not to say that using a psycannon to target a tank isnt a bad idea... or is it? Its still going to need a pretty big roll to glance unless its a measly transport, and even if it does work you lose all your vital storm-bolter shots. I dont think either weapon is suitable for killing marines, but the psycannon sucks vs swarmy troops where the incinerator rocks them. Or use a heavy slot for four psycannons? Sure&#33; That will only set you back 120 points and lose all you nfws and stormbolters. What a rip off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Teleport in or jump out of a transport and fire it.
    Therein lies the debate. Psycannons rock for marching troops across the table. Incinerators are good for deepstriking. But since transports are so expensive (stupid LR mumble mumble...), not many players buy them for PAGK. So we march troops across the field with psycannons, and deepstrike troops behind the foe with incinerators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea, Psycannon is the obvious choice for me two, I DS squads of GK and unload the &#39;cannons into the suckers..........oblivion on 4+ save armies^_^
    &#39;It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees&#39;-Pancho Villa

&#39;You&#39;re not to be so blind with patriotism that you can&#39;t face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it&#39;-Malcolm X

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast