Salamander's Master of the Forge - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Salamander's Master of the Forge

If you play Salamanders, you should probably rejoice.

I just stared at the page for the Master of the Forge in disbelief for about 5 minutes.

Mostly, because I play a Chaos army that only uses melta's and flamers. This guy let's your entire armies melta, multimelta, flamer and heavy flamer count as twin linked. And the thunder hammers in your list are master crafted. Not to mention a great stat line (artificer save), awesome master crafted relic blade (reminds me of old darkblade chaos lords), and built in heavy flamer. A pretty negligible cost, too.

Oh, I hate you, and your new shiny codex. But there is no need to rant! I will just have to play freaking Space Marines.

Last edited by double.bind; September 6th, 2008 at 21:06.
    Air Calv Guard: 3 - 2 - 1
    Word Bearers: 23 - 9 - 4
    (WDL)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Level 20 Alpharius Handbag of Joy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's not the master of the forge, it's Hestan, but that's just nitpicking.
    Anyway I am rejoicing right now and can't waitto be modelling my own Hestan soon enough.

I feel twice as smug knowing that I will be one of the players who jumped on the Salamander bandwagon BEFORE, way before the new codex came came out, so ha you switchover ultramariners, HA. Dwell in your pity. =)

Quote Originally Posted by swntzu
    What's volition? Sounds like an STI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

Hey... where? And I was thinking of doing Salamanders but with the new Codex and all I have them on halt!

So can you post a link?
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Master of Those Damn Durable Swords Roland Durendal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

I actually read a brief preview of Hestan on Bolter and Chainsword a minute ago. Sadly can't find the link.

Anyway he sounds sick

As mentioned MCs Relic BLade, a 2+/3+ save, digi weapons that allow rerolled to wounds in CC (IIRC), a gauntlet that acts as a Heavy Flamer, and yes....all Meltas, Flamers in the Army count as TL and all thunderhammers count as MC'd.

Basically a very sick army. I'm curious to see what the other chapter masters will allow for their armies.

As a complete aside, I completely disagree with the direction GW is taking w/ SM (i.e. must take a special character to make a unique chapter, such as Sallies or Iron Hands), but that's where they're going
    If you win games against Nids with flamers (aside from the Inferno Cannon on a Hellhound), you're playing against opponents with stupidity of impressive magnitude.

~ Sokhar

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

sorry to change the subject but whats this about an Iron Hands special character? don't toy with me I've been playing Iron Hands for about a year are you sure you didn't mean crimson fist?
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

I had thought of doing salamaneders before i found about this advanatge, makes the concept sweeter definatly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With stuff like this I see way too many marines being on the table top (as if that wasn't already the case). Totally sick just like everything else thats coming out for 'em. Soon it will be Marine hammer, or perhaps with 5th edition GW is looking to bring back the herohammer days of old with all races. Meh oh well.
    Battlesuits, putting the BS in BullS*%t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does have a few downsides.

Namely, he can't take an Honor Guard or Command Squad. Other "Master/Captain" characters specify if they can.

As far as I can tell, he also doesn't make Dreads heavy support like the actual Master of the Forge "Techmarine" character.

Also, something I don't remember seeing in his stats was Rites of Battle. This means if you want a high LD all around you're going to have to take a Master or Captain as well.
    Last edited by Lachlarlan; September 9th, 2008 at 16:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MadLarkin View Post
    sorry to change the subject but whats this about an Iron Hands special character? don't toy with me I've been playing Iron Hands for about a year are you sure you didn't mean crimson fist?
    sorry but us iron hands aren't getting anything special unofturnatley... however chaplain cassius of the ultramarines makes a good count as special character seeing how he's bionic now apparently and is T6 and has FNP.
    This august hellfire air show more info hellfiregamingclub.com

+ Reply to Thread