Bike Or Assault ... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bike Or Assault ...

Hello There ,

Ive Opted To Go For A Space Marine Army After Having Played LOTR For My Warhammer Life ...

Anyway ..

One Issue i Have Is What Is a Better Option An Assault Sqaud With Chplain /w Jump Pack Or Attack Bike Sqaud With Chaplain On Bike ..

Or Is There A Better Combo ....

Your Thoughts .... [ =

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

I would personally go with the assault squad. They are armed with two cc weapons so you get more attacks and more re-rolls to capitalize on the chaplain's special ability "Liturgies of Battle" which replaced but is identical to "Litanies of Hate." The bikes are nice with their high toughness and rapid-fire then assault, but I still prefer assault marines, which also cost less.
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love having an Assault Squad in my army, they can tear through even the toughest enemies. any player who has faced a full squad of Assault Marines will know the dangers of letting them get too close to your units >=). i have never used bikes in a Space Marine army, but ive been told they make excellent weapons platforms when you add Attack Bikes to the squadron. the bikes added toughness also makes them very appealing, since they could take more of a beating when closing the gap between you and your enemy.

i guess it really depends on your playstyle... i see bikes as more of a ranged firepower platform, and Assault Marines as a purely CC unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

I have already tried the Assault Squad config you say in almost every army I have mustered! Now for my Wolves I'm trying the bikes and from the first games I can say they make me proud...
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

i just played my blood angels (almost pure assault squads) vs a ravenwing army with some deathwing and landspeeders. it was a slaughter against the ravenwing. the cool thing about bikes is there high mobility and toughness. but when something can match that speed, the low model count really hurts even though they are toughness 5. one thing people forget is that bikes are bad at assulting! there much better with shooting given their toughness and twin linked bolters.
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

Pedantic Englishman Wolf Lord Herby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x4)

As a Space Wolf player, one of my fave units is a Bike-mounted Wolf Guard unit, all 2A on profile with power weapon options Led by a 4A Wolf Guard Battle Leader with Frost Blade.

In a conventional SM list, I'd probably go Assault, the extra Attacks more than makes up for the lack of Toughness or turbo-boosting Invul. Save.

If you're going to play alot of IG or Tau, though, I'd take Bikers. Assault squads are better against crack assault units, but IG and Tau don't have many of them, and Bikers get a 3+ invul save against shooting (assuming the Turbo-boosting rule is still in the 5th gen rulebook, I haven't checked), and T5 means only being wounded on a 6 in combat by S3. Very cool
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay So Go For The Assault Sqaud Is The Main Thought....

Ill Be Playing Alot Of Chaos, So Assaults Still As Good ....

thanks for the help , wont take me long to biuld a good army list im sure ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O And How Many Do i Want In My Assault Sqaud In Genral If i Atach a CHplain To The Sqaud ....

Sorry For Double Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 man 2 make full use of litanes of hate where u can re-roll any missed to hits. Personally id put him with a vet assult squad; 2 with lightning claws , one with a thunder hammer, one with a flamer, one with a meltagun and give the remaing 5 combat sheilds. with this combo your 2 lightning claws re-roll any failed 2 wounds and no saves, flamer will lighten the number of defenders, melta and hammer can deal with any tanks and the other 5 act as a +5 invulnerable save for the rest of ur squad.
    Last edited by ROLLO86; September 9th, 2008 at 16:16. Reason: correcting grammer
    blood angels 5000 pts
    imperial guard 500 pts
    orks 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You Mean You Would Put The Chaplain With The Vetrain Sqaud ... ?

So Youu Would Say Assault sqaud on its own ... ? ..

Confused ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast